Do You Have State Farm Homeowner Insurance? Happy? Unhappy?

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2019, 09:06 AM
Default Do You Have State Farm Homeowner Insurance? Happy? Unhappy?

We are considering State Farm due to their lower sinkhole and hurricane deductibles. (Their premiums are higher for these endorsements.)

Likes? Dislikes?

Thanks.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

We had State Farm most of our lives until we came to TV. Connie Duff Wise and husband caused many of us to dump SF as they doubled ++ the premiums.
Then for a few years they were not writing any more policies due to recent years hurricane experience.

They are now quoting again and have become competitive.
They have attractive hurricane and sink hole options. If one chooses their sink hole coverage there is an inspection that must be performed before under writing.

So after all these years and recent years of brand X we are back with State Farm. Check out Chris Semens. Very efficient, friendly, always available and consistent follow up. Attributes the bigger reps seem to have lost.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

We had State Farm for almost 35 years while living in Tennessee and had no problems with them. They paid any claims quickly and fairly. When we moved to TV last December we stayed with State Farm because of our experiences with them with our previous home. I'm not real happy with the agency we deal with, and may change agents when renewal comes up. When I call them I always get a recording never a real person. I've left messages to call me it has taken as much as two days for them to return my call. Customer service doesn't seem to be their main concern. This is the agency located on 466.
Old 09-20-2019, 09:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
We had State Farm for almost 35 years while living in Tennessee and had no problems with them. They paid any claims quickly and fairly. When we moved to TV last December we stayed with State Farm because of our experiences with them with our previous home. I'm not real happy with the agency we deal with, and may change agents when renewal comes up. When I call them I always get a recording never a real person. I've left messages to call me it has taken as much as two days for them to return my call. Customer service doesn't seem to be their main concern. This is the agency located on 466.
Unfortunately what happens when some get too big and too busy....they lose the perspective of serving the customer. Borderline line too big to care!!
Old 09-20-2019, 11:59 AM
Veteran member

What are they charging for Homeowners? Better than the $600-800 from TV insurance providers?
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 09-20-2019, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

We had State Farm (SF) for many years here in Florida - southwest, Florida, that is, until they stopped insuring here. We kept their car insurance, however. I didn't like any of the insurance companies we had after that. Once SF came back to FL and we knew we were moving to TV land, I called and emailed the SF agent here, twice, and never got a return call, so I used our SF agent in Southwest, FL to insure our home here. We did get a sink hole inspection, and the coverage. We also had a wind mitigation inspection, which dropped our yearly price by, I think it was $40..
Old 09-20-2019, 12:26 PM
Default State Farm vs AAA

Great feedback about State Farm. Any thoughts on AAA?
Old 09-20-2019, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphM View Post
Great feedback about State Farm. Any thoughts on AAA?
AAA is a sort of broker for many insurance companies. They are not the insurer.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:51 PM
Sage

You should take all of your casualty insurance policies to Angela Taylor at Frank Slaughter Insurance on Main Street in Wildwood , I just did so and one of my carriers was State Farm. Angela discovered several " Gaps " in my coverages which could be closed for very small amounts . I left with all new companies which are the highest rated but at less annual expense than I had been paying .
I had State Farm here for over 8 years . Never heard from anyone until they received my cancellation notices same thing with The Villages Insurance agency . Make an appointment with Angela . You will be glad that you did so .

Last edited by Buffalo Jim; 09-22-2019 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Clarity
Closed Thread

Tags
state, farm, premiums, hurricane, higher

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.