Selling house- need a good realtor

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2015, 11:27 AM
Veteran member
Default Absolutely

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Linda Sears 352.205.0713.

She has sold several houses in TV with people on TOTV.

Tell her Joe Beja sent you.
I have purchased two homes through Linda Sears and John Mello ( sp?) . They are great folks to deal with and quite persistent.
Old 02-23-2015, 08:55 PM

It's a play on words, The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
Location: East Alton, IL (near St. Louis, Mo), Duval, St. James and hopefully lastly Collier

My advice would first be to try and sell it yourself. We have sold two houses within the last year and never even had a chance to have an open house they sold so fast. The one house we put a For Sale sign in the window and the other house we advertised in the newspaper for an open house on a Friday and Saturday. Someone saw the ad on Thursday and signed a contract that night. Open house had to be cancelled. We lowered the price some to compensate for the money we would lose on commission and it was a win win for us and the buyers. Call Missy or Connie at Advantage Title on Hwy. 466. They will email you a sales contract to fill out and then take care of everything else for you. If you have questions or want to know more, pm me.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR5ALR View Post
It's a play on words, The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.
Not sure what you mean by "a play on words???"
Old 02-24-2015, 11:01 AM

This is interesting information. I just looked at the proposal to sell my house by what I thought was a realtor. On the Marketing Management page is "our sales staff is comprised of 230 caring professionals who.... our licensed sales professionals work together..." No where are they called realtors.
My concern is that I think that most people who want to buy a resale here look at the web site on line- as we did to find this house- and/or go into the sales office. I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:15 PM
Default We recommend Chris Day

We recommend Chris Day with The Villages Properties. He is one of the top sellers, (you pay the same for the best as the not-so-good), has had 10 years experience in TV, knows well the ins and outs details of the TV sales transaction, stays on top of the detail and has great knowledge on setting your price. (Really knows what pre-owned homes currently sell for.) Chris' number is 352-988-7777.
Old 02-24-2015, 02:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverunner View Post
We recommend Chris Day with The Villages Properties. He is one of the top sellers, (you pay the same for the best as the not-so-good), has had 10 years experience in TV, knows well the ins and outs details of the TV sales transaction, stays on top of the detail and has great knowledge on setting your price. (Really knows what pre-owned homes currently sell for.) Chris' number is 352-988-7777.
Another recommendation for Chris Day. He is professional, knowledgeable, experienced in The Villages, and patient. He has a track record of success.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR5ALR View Post
The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp View Post
I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?

In post #17, ALR5ALR said 60% of pre-owned homes are sold by The Villages VLS System, and 40% are divided up between "outside" MLS Companies. Those statistics sound believable.
Old 02-24-2015, 04:42 PM
Default Sales Agent

We recommend Kiernan Boles he sold us our home in Tamarind Grove three years ago and he is great his wife is also a sales agent with the Villages
352-391-0797

Eddie and Susan Doran
Old 02-24-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp View Post
This is interesting information. I just looked at the proposal to sell my house by what I thought was a realtor. On the Marketing Management page is "our sales staff is comprised of 230 caring professionals who.... our licensed sales professionals work together..." No where are they called realtors.
My concern is that I think that most people who want to buy a resale here look at the web site on line- as we did to find this house- and/or go into the sales office. I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?
When we were looking, we took the advice of people on this website. We were here for a week, spent two days with a sales agent from TV and two days with an ERA Realtor. We bought through the ERA Realtor. We did a huge amount of online research before coming down to purchase our home. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people believe the only way to buy here is through Properties of TV. Good luck!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.