Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Selling house- need a good realtor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/selling-house-need-good-realtor-144600/)

rp001 02-23-2015 11:27 AM

Absolutely

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 1017639)
Linda Sears 352.205.0713.

She has sold several houses in TV with people on TOTV.

Tell her Joe Beja sent you.

I have purchased two homes through Linda Sears and John Mello ( sp?) . They are great folks to deal with and quite persistent.

ALR5ALR 02-23-2015 08:55 PM

It's a play on words, The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.

bxmt54 02-23-2015 09:43 PM

My advice would first be to try and sell it yourself. We have sold two houses within the last year and never even had a chance to have an open house they sold so fast. The one house we put a For Sale sign in the window and the other house we advertised in the newspaper for an open house on a Friday and Saturday. Someone saw the ad on Thursday and signed a contract that night. Open house had to be cancelled. We lowered the price some to compensate for the money we would lose on commission and it was a win win for us and the buyers. Call Missy or Connie at Advantage Title on Hwy. 466. They will email you a sales contract to fill out and then take care of everything else for you. If you have questions or want to know more, pm me.

Bonanza 02-24-2015 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR5ALR (Post 1018378)
It's a play on words, The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.

Not sure what you mean by "a play on words???"

FloridaShrimp 02-24-2015 11:01 AM

This is interesting information. I just looked at the proposal to sell my house by what I thought was a realtor. On the Marketing Management page is "our sales staff is comprised of 230 caring professionals who.... our licensed sales professionals work together..." No where are they called realtors.
My concern is that I think that most people who want to buy a resale here look at the web site on line- as we did to find this house- and/or go into the sales office. I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?

Waverunner 02-24-2015 02:15 PM

We recommend Chris Day

We recommend Chris Day with The Villages Properties. He is one of the top sellers, (you pay the same for the best as the not-so-good), has had 10 years experience in TV, knows well the ins and outs details of the TV sales transaction, stays on top of the detail and has great knowledge on setting your price. (Really knows what pre-owned homes currently sell for.) Chris' number is 352-988-7777.

bagboy 02-24-2015 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Waverunner (Post 1018742)
We recommend Chris Day with The Villages Properties. He is one of the top sellers, (you pay the same for the best as the not-so-good), has had 10 years experience in TV, knows well the ins and outs details of the TV sales transaction, stays on top of the detail and has great knowledge on setting your price. (Really knows what pre-owned homes currently sell for.) Chris' number is 352-988-7777.

Another recommendation for Chris Day. He is professional, knowledgeable, experienced in The Villages, and patient. He has a track record of success.

Barefoot 02-24-2015 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ALR5ALR (Post 1018378)
The Village agents are licensed agents and/or brokers by the State of FL. and happen to sell about 60% of pre-owned homes in tv. Outside intrest's divide up the rest.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp (Post 1018621)
I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?

In post #17, ALR5ALR said 60% of pre-owned homes are sold by The Villages VLS System, and 40% are divided up between "outside" MLS Companies. Those statistics sound believable.

doran 02-24-2015 04:42 PM

Sales Agent

We recommend Kiernan Boles he sold us our home in Tamarind Grove three years ago and he is great his wife is also a sales agent with the Villages
352-391-0797

Eddie and Susan Doran

socrafty 02-24-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FloridaShrimp (Post 1018621)
This is interesting information. I just looked at the proposal to sell my house by what I thought was a realtor. On the Marketing Management page is "our sales staff is comprised of 230 caring professionals who.... our licensed sales professionals work together..." No where are they called realtors.
My concern is that I think that most people who want to buy a resale here look at the web site on line- as we did to find this house- and/or go into the sales office. I wonder how many potential buyers go to an outside realty company. Any thoughts, anyone?

When we were looking, we took the advice of people on this website. We were here for a week, spent two days with a sales agent from TV and two days with an ERA Realtor. We bought through the ERA Realtor. We did a huge amount of online research before coming down to purchase our home. Unfortunately, I think a lot of people believe the only way to buy here is through Properties of TV. Good luck!