Service Smart Landscaping

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 04:49 PM
Default Service Smart Landscaping

I will just state that this company is a total Scam, we hired them last year (for a year) with a contract for yard services, tree trimming, weeding and pruning of bushes At first they showed, and did some yard trimming, but always had a ecuss as to why they could not cut the Palms, (did not bring a large ladder, saw is dull, ETC<ETC) AS of March of 2017, we did not receive service nor did we receive service fo April or May, I called several times a week and the response was someone will be there tomorrow, no one every showed, I finally hired another co. and called Service Smart to cancel, asked for a refund and told it would be in the mail, and sorry for the inconvenience, I have never received the refund, and every time I call they tell me I will have to talk to the owner, I am now calling weekly and still no response, My neighbors are in the same boat, but far more money out for a five yr contract, for pest control. DO NOT HIRE SERVICE SMART If other people are in the same situation I think a Class action Law Suit would be the answer
Old 09-18-2017, 04:51 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
I will just state that this company is a total Scam, we hired them last year (for a year) with a contract for yard services, tree trimming, weeding and pruning of bushes At first they showed, and did some yard trimming, but always had a ecuss as to why they could not cut the Palms, (did not bring a large ladder, saw is dull, ETC<ETC) AS of March of 2017, we did not receive service nor did we receive service fo April or May, I called several times a week and the response was someone will be there tomorrow, no one every showed, I finally hired another co. and called Service Smart to cancel, asked for a refund and told it would be in the mail, and sorry for the inconvenience, I have never received the refund, and every time I call they tell me I will have to talk to the owner, I am now calling weekly and still no response, My neighbors are in the same boat, but far more money out for a five yr contract, for pest control. DO NOT HIRE SERVICE SMART If other people are in the same situation I think a Class action Law Suit would be the answer
A search of this website would have saved you untold aggravation, not to mention $.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:05 PM

Upon reading many reviews about lawncare and landscape services here on TOTV I chose Landsculpture. Michael and Erika, the owners, are very good communicators and were patient with my questions as I've never lived in Florida. Yes, I signed a one year contract paid on a monthly basis. His proposal was very thorough. And with Michael, we agreed that if either of us are disatisfied with the service the contract can be voided with a letter and 30 day notice.

Last edited by RalphM; 09-18-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:51 PM
Gold member

So sorry that you are yet another Villager who fell prey to the unethical practices of service smart. Hopefully you now have learned not to EVER pay in advance for any contractor services. The only good news is that you are not alone in learning this painful lesson.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 09-18-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
So sorry that you are yet another Villager who fell prey to the unethical practices of service smart. Hopefully you now have learned not to EVER pay in advance for any contractor services. The only good news is that you are not alone in learning this painful lesson.

Ahh, misery loves company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Default service smart landscapting

"Let the buyer beware", However I am not going to let this go. I will proceed with legal action if necessary, not that much money but the principal. I feel bad for my neighbor who took a 5 yr. contract for pest control and no service,
Old 09-19-2017, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana13 View Post
"Let the buyer beware", However I am not going to let this go. I will proceed with legal action if necessary, not that much money but the principal. I feel bad for my neighbor who took a 5 yr. contract for pest control and no service,
While it obviously doesn't apply in small claims court if you represent yourself, a very good friend of mine who was also a very expensive (and wealthy) attorney, once told me...that he loved clients with that attitude.

Just something to think about.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:45 PM

I agree. This company is horrible. There has been over 200 complaints filed with Crimes against Seniors against this company and its owner Ken Smith. I hope the Attorney General gets involved soon and puts him out of business for good.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, yard, trimming, ecuss, showed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.