Comcast vs Spectrum vs Direct TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2019, 07:11 AM
Default Comcast vs Spectrum vs Direct TV

Last weekend at LSL we attended the vendor fair/chili competition. We stopped at a vendor called the Satellite Team. He mentioned our options in Sanibel would be Comcast or Spectrum for cable TV or Direct TV with a dish. There is already a dish in the yard of the house we just purchased.

Just curious, which is better way to go for TV considering price, reliability and customer service?

We will need internet, what is best option?

I am thinking initially going with an internet provider then trying an attic antenna for TV. if reception is poor We would need to go with a cable or dish. We won't be using land line phones.

Can a person go with say Comcast for an intro low price for a year or two then switch to Spectrum for their low intro price for a couple of years, continually switching back and forth to get better rates? I really dislike the high rate increases these cable companies charge once you are a customer.

Oh, by the way, I probably sampled 25 of the 50 chili competitors. Couldn't hold anymore. We had a good time there and got some good leads on local businesses.
Old 02-05-2019, 07:44 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Spectrum fan.

Very reliable for both internet & cable.

I think customer service and techy people have been great.

Did jump on the $90 special for Internet/Cable. When it rolled off, went up $10.

100 speed for internet is great.

We don't travel that much, but enjoy cable anywhere feature.

If you are a 6&6 person, you only have to buy cable in one location.

You could probably switch between companies once......they keep track.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:01 AM

Had DirecTV for years until following A couple unfulfilled promises after hours on the phone. Prior to AT&T buying them the customer service was great.... but no longer! I cancelled their service (yet another hour trying to do so!) and selected Spectrum for both internet and cable. Have been very pleased with their service so far. Their customer service is friendly and helpful and the 100Mb internet is great! Very happy we made the change.
Old 02-05-2019, 09:03 AM

Spectrum...no contract...internet is good...

We are seasonal so I sign-up upon arrival, cancel and turn in equipment when I leave (if you suspend service there is a monthly fee). After initial installation, I just pick-up my next year's equipment from their Wildwood location and am good to go.

I would recommend starting with Spectrum since you can cancel at anytime. If you don't like it, no penalty to switch.

As an added bonus, when you speak with customer service, they're actually in Florida!

JMHO
Old 02-05-2019, 09:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teryl1949 View Post
Had DirecTV for years until following A couple unfulfilled promises after hours on the phone. Prior to AT&T buying them the customer service was great.... but no longer! I cancelled their service (yet another hour trying to do so!) and selected Spectrum for both internet and cable. Have been very pleased with their service so far. Their customer service is friendly and helpful and the 100Mb internet is great! Very happy we made the change.
We've had DirectTV since we purchased home in 2011. My rate has gone up almost yearly but this time it went up in Jan and Feb totaling over 20%. These media companies use long term customers as cash cows testing how much pain they can take. I've reached my threshold.
Closed Thread

Tags
price, spectrum, comcast, cable, dish

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.