Sliding shower door broke and needs fixing

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2020, 06:28 PM
Default Sliding shower door broke and needs fixing

My 1 1/2 yr old shower door fell off in my hands while taking a shower last week. Called Villages Customer Service to find name of the company that installed it (Richard Manning) and after leaving three messages and no response I'm looking for another reliable company to come out and either fix the door or? Needless to say I've lived in many homes over the years and never came across such lousy workmanship in the quality of the items put into homes.
Old 01-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newell28701 View Post
My 1 1/2 yr old shower door fell off in my hands while taking a shower last week. Called Villages Customer Service to find name of the company that installed it (Richard Manning) and after leaving three messages and no response I'm looking for another reliable company to come out and either fix the door or? Needless to say I've lived in many homes over the years and never came across such lousy workmanship in the quality of the items put into homes.
Did it come off the tracks?
Old 01-14-2020, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

I agree with above, if it came off the track, this may be a simple adjustment of the tracks, or replacement of the wheels, or adjustment of the wheels. If this is a hinged unit or one that is on pins, there may be screws that came loose. If you can determine the manufacturer, you should be able to get the original installation instructions that will provide lots of info, and you may be able to find another installer to fix.

Tags
shower, door, homes, company, fix

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.