Solar tube companies

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Default Solar tube companies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpierleo View Post
I also agree solar tubes were one of our best after market investments. I also recommend you use this forum for many of your questions, particulary for numerous contractors you may want in the future. Also, ask away on this forum, you will receive great advise. Most of all, enjoy!
Can you recommend a solar tube company? We wanted to add those as well and just moved in last wk
Old 12-20-2017, 08:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We had Solar Guys do ours Solar Lights are Better Skylights | The Solar Guys, about ten years ago. I believe they used to be in the squares on Vendor Nights and that is where we first became interested.

I would highly recommend both this company and the Solar Lights. We also invested in a Solar Star Solar Attic Fan which is excellent. I believe they have a sale through Dec 31.

Their website is loaded with Village testimonials.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 AM
Sage

I did see a commercial once for one called I believe a SolaTube. I think Solar Guys sell them. They were unique and very cool and an improvement on the standard solar tube.

Orlando Solatube Vs. Skylight | The Best Natural Light
Old 12-20-2017, 08:47 AM

We used Solar Guys and were very pleased. They're professional, work quickly and did a great job. Not the cheapest but when you're dealing with someone cutting holes into your roof you want to be sure to do your homework and we did.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:13 AM

Solar Guys is who you want. Between the two houses we have owned here they put in five solar tubes and two attic fans. We have had no problems to date with any of the installations.
Old 12-20-2017, 01:16 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default The Solar Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachaddict View Post
Can you recommend a solar tube company? We wanted to add those as well and just moved in last wk
Thanks for all the great recommendations! We only install the Genuine Solatube brand tubular skylights. They offer the highest performance guarantee while blocking out the heat and U.V. Give us a call and we can walk you through the process in just a couple of minutes including pricing. We still have install dates left this year which is great because you can take advantage of the 30% tax credit almost immediately. 1-866-669-5259
Old 12-20-2017, 04:32 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

We have used The Solar guys to install solar tubes in two different homes. They are undoubtly the best.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:00 PM

I am so glad to see all the positive feedback on the solar guys. We have just bought a house in the villages and today I called them to do am install in our house.
Old 12-20-2017, 05:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelCynthia View Post
I am so glad to see all the positive feedback on the solar guys. We have just bought a house in the villages and today I called them to do am install in our house.
You will never believe the difference when they are installed. Great investment. People comment on how light our home is all the time.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 12-21-2017, 03:01 PM

Because of all the good reviews of the Solar Guys, we went there today. The are having a special and there will be a 30% tax credit with the night light addition(extremely reasonable). They are coming out tomorrow to install and I cannot wait!
Old 12-21-2017, 03:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
We used Solar Guys and were very pleased. They're professional, work quickly and did a great job.
Solar Guys are topnotch! We love our four sun tunnels.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:31 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Do any of the contractors guaranty the hole will not leak??? and for how long???

Just hate cutting a hole in a perfectly tight roof.
Old 12-21-2017, 04:40 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default The Solar Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Do any of the contractors guaranty the hole will not leak??? and for how long???

Absolutely! We give a lifetime installation warranty. We are a licensed building contractor, roofing contractor, and solar contractor. We have over 73,000 installs in Central Florida so you would hear if leaks were a problem especially after the recent Hurricane. Most people don't realize but your "perfectly tight roof" already has many holes/openings (ridge vent, plumbing stacks, chimney, & exhaust vents).
Old 12-21-2017, 05:03 PM

Quote:

If it helps...we just happened to have a home inspection scheduled for a couple of weeks after we had the tubes installed and they were done right according to the inspector.
Old 12-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Sage

Quote:

I appreciate the fact that Solar Guys guarantee their work. And I like what I’ve seen. My issue is that adding one, or more, voids the roof warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.