Solar tube companies

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2017, 06:16 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolarGuys View Post
Absolutely! We give a lifetime installation warranty. We are a licensed building contractor, roofing contractor, and solar contractor. We have over 73,000 installs in Central Florida so you would hear if leaks were a problem especially after the recent Hurricane. Most people don't realize but your "perfectly tight roof" already has many holes/openings (ridge vent, plumbing stacks, chimney, & exhaust vents).
Good To Know.

Like the concept, been in the warehousing industry and hate roof leaks.

Old 12-21-2017, 09:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default The Solar Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I appreciate the fact that Solar Guys guarantee their work. And I like what I’ve seen. My issue is that adding one, or more, voids the roof warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

That is not a factual statement. If your roof is original and you live in The Villages you can confirm that with the warranty department. If you have a re-roof you can call your roofer and verify with them. If by some chance they say otherwise please send me a message and I'll give them a call to make sure they understand our product. Of course if for some reason our product was to cause a leak you wouldn't expect the roofer to cover that and that's why we give you the lifetime install warranty. Keep in mind most roofers only give you a 2-5 year install warranty on a new roof.

Last edited by TheSolarGuys; 12-21-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-22-2017, 10:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSolarGuys View Post
That is not a factual statement. If your roof is original and you live in The Villages you can confirm that with the warranty department. If you have a re-roof you can call your roofer and verify with them. If by some chance they say otherwise please send me a message and I'll give them a call to make sure they understand our product. Of course if for some reason our product was to cause a leak you wouldn't expect the roofer to cover that and that's why we give you the lifetime install warranty. Keep in mind most roofers only give you a 2-5 year install warranty on a new roof.

I was told that by the warranty department about 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 12-22-2017, 10:50 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default The Solar Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I was told that by the warranty department about 5 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Luckily that's no longer the case. I can honestly say we have never had an issue of a roofer not honoring a warranty (assuming they are still in business). Roof leaks are generally very apparent as to the cause.
Old 03-03-2018, 11:49 AM

We are in the process of building a home. I would like to install solar tubes when it is completed, but will it void our 30 year roof warranty?
Old 03-03-2018, 12:02 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default The Solar Guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigirl View Post
We are in the process of building a home. I would like to install solar tubes when it is completed, but will it void our 30 year roof warranty?
Our Solatube's will not void your roof warranty. Of course you wouldn't expect your roofer to warranty our installs so for the lifetime of that shingle roof we warranty against leaks or other defects. Our products meet all Florida building codes including the stringent hurricane standards. We are also licensed in Roofing (CCC1330841), Building (CBC1260615), and Solar (CVC57042) for the state of Florida. Please give us a call once you are ready or stop by our local showroom. Thanks

The Solar Guys
866-669-5259
13624 S. US Hwy. 441
Summerfield, FL 34491
Solar Lights are Better Skylights | The Solar Guys
Old 03-06-2018, 10:26 AM
Sage

I've had four solar tubes and an attic fan installed by the solar guys. I haven't had a problem in 5 years. They know their stuff and are top notch.

They maybe some companies that might do solar tubes cheaper but some things in life aren't worth saving pennies on! Their quality is top notch!

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 03-07-2018, 11:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I've had four solar tubes and an attic fan installed by the solar guys. I haven't had a problem in 5 years. They know their stuff and are top notch. They maybe some companies that might do solar tubes cheaper but some things in life aren't worth saving pennies on! Their quality is top notch!
Old 03-07-2018, 01:50 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenuity View Post
Because of all the good reviews of the Solar Guys, we went there today. The are having a special and there will be a 30% tax credit with the night light addition(extremely reasonable). They are coming out tomorrow to install and I cannot wait!
You will be

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.