Solar for your home

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2021, 08:58 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,780 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
"On an average day, 22 percent of men reported doing housework—such as cleaning or doing laundry" U S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, American Time Use Survey: Charts by Topic: Household activities in the link are detailed breakouts on time spent by females/males on laundry. This is not a Leave it the Beaver standard, a figment of my imagination.

Blueash's post is a small example what is wrong with political correctness. The story is changed to fit the advocates political leanings but it simply does not change the facts. Facts are an inconvenient truth to political correctness, even in something as innocuous as solar power.

Facts are kryptonite to political correctness. When faced with solid facts advocates resort to insults and personal attacks. It is truly a sad when a discussion on solar energy becomes an advocate for changing gender roles sounding board, very sad indeed.
That’s funny. I’ll wager most of those men were single or lied.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
That’s funny. I’ll wager most of those men were single or lied.
The very instant that solar power becomes affordably priced we will have more panels on the roof to join those heating our pool water. I hope that my dear husband will NOT try to take over my cooking job. He has stolen the laundry and the cleaning since we are retired. Now that he knows how to sort laundry and grabs things quickly from the dryer to hang them I'm cool with it.

There isn't anything wrong with saying things that have always been typically gender related. Not a damn thing wrong with it. Men ARE stronger. Woman ARE smarter. (You all know I don't mean that.)

I am glad I am married to someone who has always tried to make my life easier. I hope he feels the same about me.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,176 Times in 757 Posts

All depends on how many years you have left. It will take at least 10 years to recoup your expenses. You also have to have a new roof, so add another 7k if your roof is older.
Old 06-30-2021, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,595 Times in 5,192 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlorida View Post
All depends on how many years you have left. It will take at least 10 years to recoup your expenses. You also have to have a new roof, so add another 7k if your roof is older.
I understand your point, but how many years you have left has nothing to do with it. When you do the math, it's a bad investment at any age.
Closed Thread

Tags
solar, home, opinions, adding, worth

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.