Sprinkler Repair - good and bad experiences

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Post Sprinkler Repair - good and bad experiences

I recently had both bad and good experiences with repairs to my sprinkler system. I spotted a leak and dug up to where the leak occured, It was a "tough" repair, leaking pvc was wedged between two big tree roots, so I decided to call a professional. I used the service directory in the Daily Sun.
Called 5 people - three never called back
First one came, looked at it and said would be back later in day - never came back.
Second showed up and said he could repair now but needed a chain saw, which I would need to get - I rented one from Home Depot. He cut the roots and pipes (also wiring) and said he would be back same day. He showed up next day asking for money up front for parts. I gave hime a check and he left and didn't come back that day (Saturday) When he didn't show up Sunday as he said he would, I told him I needed my check back or I would stop payment. He gave me the cash and said he would be back by noon Monday - again didn't show up.
Called another at 1:30 pm - he showed up at 5:30 and repaired pipes, came back 8 am Tuesday and repaired wiring and checked rest of my system.
Bad guy - be very careful - was AAL Time Irrigation - his name is Ryan Sanders - I needed to make out check to him, because he didn't have a business account, although he said he was licensed and insured - I doubt if he was.
The good guys were Blue Island Construction (Scott Osteen} He actually answered his phone and repair person "Gator" was both knowedgeable and professional. At a reasonable cost. They do landscaping and lighting also - I highly recommend them.
I wish I could have found this on "talk" before I got into this situation. I looked, if it was on this site I didn't find it.
Maybe this will help someone else.

Bill Biance
Village of Santiago
Old 04-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

When in doubt call home warranty.....they have a list of approved contractors for nearly all situations.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Bosoxfan
Default Welcome

To TOTV Billy.Thanks for the useful info.I'm sure someone will need similar repairs in the future & now have a post they can refer to.Glad everything turned out fine for you .
Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Default warranty dept.

This was a 10 year old home
Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Sage

Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info and welcome to TOTV!

I think Bogie Shooter was not suggesting that your sprinker system was under warranty, as you did not state the age of your home. Her point, if I understood correctly, was that the Warranty Dept. could provide you with a list of contractors that they use, trust and could recommend to you.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the info and welcome to TOTV!

I think Bogie Shooter was not suggesting that your sprinker system was under warranty, as you did not state the age of your home. Her point, if I understood correctly, was that the Warranty Dept. could provide you with a list of contractors that they use, trust and could recommend to you.
That is exactly correct. And btw they could tell you who originally put the sprinkler system in for your 10 year old home.

His
Old 04-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

Bill, good tips, thanks. Home warranty is a good option to contact, but I personally like good referrals too.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:41 PM

I have always used Action Irrigation...Chip Parrish . Chip is timely, courteous, dependable and knowledgeable! Even came early one am when one of my sprinklers decided to turn into a geyser! Competively priced. I have referred him to others and they have been very pleased.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Platinum member

I was not happy with Fantasy Irrigation. I think it was too much fantasy.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage
Default His and Her sets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
That is exactly correct. And btw they could tell you who originally put the sprinkler system in for your 10 year old home.

His
Oops, I'm sorry Bogie.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
I have always used Action Irrigation...Chip Parrish . Chip is timely, courteous, dependable and knowledgeable! Even came early one am when one of my sprinklers decided to turn into a geyser! Competively priced. I have referred him to others and they have been very pleased.

You've always used Action Irrigation? How often do they break?
Old 06-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Eternal Member
Question Don the Donut Man

Does anyone know if Don the Donut Man is still is the sprinkler business?
He was recommended frequently several years ago but I haven't seen his name mentioned recently.

Thanks.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum member

Yes, Don is still in business. He is coming to our house next week.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:54 PM
KittyKat

How about a ph#? He was recommended to us several yrs ago by the Warranty Dept but they didn't have a ph#.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Eternal Member

Don the Donut Man 750-9316

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.