Sprinkler Repair - good and bad experiences

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2011, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
You've always used Action Irrigation? How often do they break?
by "always" I mean for service.I call the every six months to make sure I am getting the best coverage and flow. I have called them once when I had a geyser of water from the main valves as a turn off had broken. I believe in regular periodic maintenance for best performance
Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM

we recommend Don the Donut man..has done a great job for us and our neighbor!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Default Need contact info

For those who recommended Action Irrigation (Chip Parrish) and Blue Island Construction (Scott Osteen), can you please post phone numbers where they can be reached? Thank you.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:12 AM

Blue Island 352-425-2625
Old 09-14-2011, 05:20 AM
Veteran member

Having just purchaed a premier wee needed to evaluate our system and high water bills. We use Massey. First tme they found leaks and 2 guys took 4 hours realigning the heads, testing the system and adjusting timer for optimum usage. Moved some heads that didn't do any good in the current location. Break even on the costs vs savings is about 4 months. We have a contract with them for a check every 3 months. Highly reccomended!

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 09-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Default Sprinkler Repair

I have used Chip from Action for the last three years and I am very happy with his service and prices. Always very professional, takes time to explain things and will even give advice over the phone.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:05 PM

That's is amazing how busniess owners can be. I run my own busniess and would never treat any of my clients that way. It just shows you what busniess's will survive and the ones that are the fly by nighters. I have heard a lot of crazy stories and seen a lot of ways people get taken advantage of especially in The Villages.. I would never tell my client to go rent a chainsaw! Or take off with somebodies money. Hahaha.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:21 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

My favorite sprinkler man is Jim Baumgartner (352/504-2317). He really knows his stuff and I know that a few of TV subs have used him when they can't fix/solve a problem. I also agree that Chip Parrish does a good job. While I've never used Don the Donut man (which is now run by his son), I've never heard anyone complain of his work, either. So, I'd say any of these three would be great choices.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-09-2012, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I was not happy with Fantasy Irrigation. I think it was too much fantasy.
I see that you've used Fantasy as well but you didn't post anything good or bad about them. I've used their irrigation company for over 8 years and have never had anything bad to say about them. Most of my street also uses them and they have no complaints as well. Thier a very reliable company and they're always preparded to do any job! There $25 tune up was a excellent deal, they had a remote that was a pretty cool gadget, they cleaned all the donuts with a special tool, and they adjusted my heads to where my grass is ACTUALLY getting water! I also had heads that were popping up and not spraying correctly, they flushed the lines and amazingly, they didn't have to be changed as i thought. My problems were not as big as i imagined! So yes, they were a fantasy, a dream come true! They were very efficiant in what they do and I will use them for years to come!!! I dont have thier number in front of me now but they are located in the villages Daily Sun, in the classified section in the irrigation column section. I'm sure they'd love the referal as was I when i hired them and i was very satisfied! They are also very resonably priced! And for the 8 years I've used them, the price have never changed on me! They break everything down to where I could understand what was really going on!!! VERY GREAT COMPANY
Old 03-09-2012, 02:55 AM

Fantasy Landscape and Irrigation was one of the best companies I've found in the villages to do anything with my irrigation system. My whole street uses them and no one has ever had any negative feedback!!! They've been doing my entire street now for over 8 years. Thier prices are reasonable, and thier $25 tune-up was the best thing that ever happened to my lawn! I had brown spots all over the place. I had acouple pest control services and it seemed like it jus made things worse. So one of my neighbors refered me to Fantasy and they serviced my irrigation, and my lawn almost seemed to instantly green right back up! Also, before I called them, I went ahead and figured out how to check the credentials of any company. A city official refered me to sunbiz.org to check for lisc and insured buisnesses. Low and behold, Fantasy is a completly legit company and they do things by the books! I'm only telling you that because one of our stubborn neighbors hired "Waynes Irrigation," and he had to pay the guy upfront in full to go get parts. When he showed back up he had no clue how to complete the job that he had already been paid for!! He had also made one check out to "Waynes Irrigation" and the guy told him he couldnt accept the check and that he needed it made out to his persons (Ryan Sanders), while the gentleman went to get the parts we looked him up on sunbiz.org and low and behold there was nothing of the such on Waynes Irrigation. Hes a fraud and you should beware of any company that ask for money upfront esp for a small job as this!!! we also found on the internet that in 2011 he was under another buisness with no name certifacation as "AAl Time Irrigation" and had multiple complaints against him also having checks wrote to his name and never showing back up to jobs! Beware of all the companies and if you ask me, please check the sunbiz.org before hiring anybody becuase it could turn out bad in many ways! And for all your irrigation & landscaping problems, I'll speak highly of "Fantasy Landscapes and Irrigation"!!!

Last edited by the village wheel; 03-09-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the village wheel View Post
I see that you've used Fantasy as well but you didn't post anything good or bad about them. I've used their irrigation company for over 8 years and have never had anything bad to say about them. Most of my street also uses them and they have no complaints as well. Thier a very reliable company and they're always preparded to do any job! There $25 tune up was a excellent deal, they had a remote that was a pretty cool gadget, they cleaned all the donuts with a special tool, and they adjusted my heads to where my grass is ACTUALLY getting water! I also had heads that were popping up and not spraying correctly, they flushed the lines and amazingly, they didn't have to be changed as i thought. My problems were not as big as i imagined! So yes, they were a fantasy, a dream come true! They were very efficiant in what they do and I will use them for years to come!!! I dont have thier number in front of me now but they are located in the villages Daily Sun, in the classified section in the irrigation column section. I'm sure they'd love the referal as was I when i hired them and i was very satisfied! They are also very resonably priced! And for the 8 years I've used them, the price have never changed on me! They break everything down to where I could understand what was really going on!!! VERY GREAT COMPANY
I repeat that I was very unhappy with the price and quality of service. I went for the $25 tune up and spent $250. Three months later when the system was not working right I hired another company who did a much more thorough check. They replaced 2 leaking rotors, several pop-up sprays, and installed larger and taller heads - all for $136. And a year later they are all still working fine.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Default fantasy landscapes and irrigation

I'm sorry to hear that , i know that my friend had some thing go bad after 6 months of them goin there and they came out and fixed it for free, but theres a old saying you cant please every one, i'm sure if you called them they would help you out, they are very liked with the bbb , but wish you luck just feel like i should go up to bat for them, they have done such a good job for me and the hole street that we live on. THANK YOU
Old 05-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Default Action Irrigation 352-505

Action Irrigation phone number is 352-561-2205
Old 05-10-2012, 03:15 PM

I've had Joe Sheldon (Irrigation Maintenance and Repair, 409-3163), who advertises in the POA paper, do a number of different repairs on our irrigation system over the past year. He is punctual, knowledgeable, and his fees are incredibly low. He will also give a 20% discount on labor to POA members.
Old 07-10-2012, 07:47 PM

We recently had our pool dug and needed some irrigation lines re-routed. We found Wayne's Irrigation (Ryan Sanders) in the Daily Sun. He called us back and said he would come out to give a quote. He came on a Friday and then we hired him. He said he would be back at 7:30 a.m. Saturday to do the job and it would take two hours. We were headed out of town so we paid him up front. It seemed like a pretty straightforward job and he advertised he was licensed and insured. He was supposed to phone us when he completed the job. First off he showed up almost 2 hrs. late. Then he never called us. We came home on Sunday to an unfinished job and no satellite tv! We called him and he said he had accidentally cut the line and he could give us the number to Direct TV. He then said he was on his way to finish the job. He showed up about three hours later. In the meanwhile we had paid an electrician $100 to repair the line. Within a matter of minutes after Ryan's arrival the satellite was out again and we had to have the electrician come back out. When Ryan started the sprinklers water was just bubbling out with no pressure. He said he would be back on Monday with a special tool. My husband told him not to cash the check we had given him and that we wanted his insurance and license info. He said the info was in his other vehicle. We immediately placed a stop payment on the check. I found out yesterday he had cashed the check at an easy check cashing place on Saturday after he had destroyed our satellite connection. Long story short, we have not heard from him and are sprinklers are not working. Thanks to the posts on here, we have contacted Action Irrigation and look forward to working with a reputable company. We plan on filing a complaint against this company and advise strongly against using them!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.