Sprinkler Repair - good and bad experiences

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2012, 10:05 AM

Based on the recommendations in this thread, I called Action Irrigation to repair a broken cap and do a system tuneup to address some dry spots. I called on Monday, and was told Dave would be over on Tuesday. On Tuesday, he called and asked if I could wait until Saturday morning. Dave didn't show up on Saturday, and phone calls weren't returned (and still haven't been). On Saturday afternoon, also based on recommendations in this thread, I called Jim Baumgartner. He showed up on Monday at 8AM, as promised. He did a great job. $35 for the tuneup, and another few bucks to make some system changes. Jim did a great job, was thorough, and very knowledgable. He also suggested some other changes I can make, which I will do at some point, but absolutely did not apply any sales pressure.

Needless to say, I very highly recommend Jim. I wish I could say the same about Action Irrigation.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Chip Parrish, Action Irrigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogeybabe View Post
I have always used Action Irrigation...Chip Parrish . Chip is timely, courteous, dependable and knowledgeable! Even came early one am when one of my sprinklers decided to turn into a geyser! Competively priced. I have referred him to others and they have been very pleased.
Chip is probably the best. I have always had my irrigation handled by "professionals" and then I "found" Chip. He sorted out the mess that the others had left me.

He is a Great guy, competitively priced - and he arrives either early, or on time!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 10-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Jim Baumgartner does a SUPERIOR JOB & is priced right & very knowledgeble!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:42 AM

Thanks for this information. I put a spade through one of my large irrigation lines. I read this review and called Blue Island Irrigation. I left a message and the call was returned shortly. Scott Osteen said he would be here the next day at 10:00am. He was on time and did the repair for a very reasonable rate.

Last edited by jpschlat; 10-26-2012 at 06:44 AM. Reason: iPad inserted a word that I did not intend.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

I called Chip Parrish, (352) 516-2281, for a sprinkler tune-up and a couple fixes. He showed up on time with his son, Kyle. Nice guys. Explained everything. Efficient. Neat. I am a satisfied customer.

By the way, don't get Chip confused with Action Irrigation Gainesville.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default No Dave at Action Irrigation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Nagy View Post
Based on the recommendations in this thread, I called Action Irrigation to repair a broken cap and do a system tuneup to address some dry spots. I called on Monday, and was told Dave would be over on Tuesday.
There is no "Dave" at Action Irrigation, which is owned and operated by Chip Parrish. He has his daughter in the office and now his son is working with him. I think you must have called someone other than Action Irrigation in TV. He is very reliable, his wife is an excellent realtor and works for TV.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.