Staining on house

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2018, 12:03 PM
Question Staining on house

anybody had a rust-colored staining on their house from Dean's this fall? It's on the bottom 3 feet of the side of the house, not near any sprinkler heads. It's also (faintly) on the edges of driveway and on the landscaping stones. Three times they have come out and told us it is not from them, but they are the only service we have had, and it happened in October. We bought the house in April, and the paint was immaculate until October. Staining definitely occurred this fall, they keep saying they use no products that could cause it. Anybody have a similar situation?

Last edited by Sharon Evans; 12-11-2018 at 12:14 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:23 PM
Default Staining on house

Has anybody had staining on their house this fall from Dean's? We bought our house in April and started with Dean's services immediately. The paint on the house was immaculate until October. Since then there has been a sprayed on rust-colored stain on the bottom three feet of the side of the house, and also more faintly on the landscaping stones and side of the driveway. Deans has been here three times, each time stating that they use no products that could do this. But they are the only company we have used and the house paint was perfect until October. It definitely is not from the sprinkler system (the staining is not near the sprinkler heads). Just wondering if anybody has had a similar situation.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Staining is from reclaimed water used in irrigation. Adjust the sprinkler heads so they do not spray directly on to the side of the house.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,338 Times in 1,446 Posts

It's not the water, our heads spray up agains the house and the bare concrete along our lanai and frontage, no stinging whatsoever. It's from Fungicide, and October is when they were spraying is as everyone seemed to have fungus in their lawns this fall, and don't believe what they tell you. We got rid of them last year after messing up our lawn and catching them in lie after lie telling us what they did and din't do. If you get someone to take care of your lawn that uses granular products rather than liquid you will not have a problem and your lawn will look much better than it ever has. We now do it ourselves, only takes 10 minutes to walk the lawn with a spreader. We also mow, trim and edge our lawn as I don't trust any of them anymore.
Old 12-11-2018, 12:41 PM

My neighbor had the exact same problem with Deans. The folks that painted my house, Steve Kling (Sherwin Williams paint)(wonderful job!) provided instructions to never use liquid chemicals on the paint (yard care or insecticide). Only simple green and use hard pellets or powder for insecticide around the home. My neighbor also had to replace his yard with new sod because of Deans. Of course, they said they were not responsible. Not sure what type of grass you have, we have St. Augustine which requires very little care for a beautiful lawn. Cut at right height, fertilize twice per year....Hope you get it all taken care of.
Royal Air Force Benson, England
Eielson Air Force Base, AK, Clark AFB, Philippines
Kadena AFB, Okinawa Japan, Yakota AFB, Japan
Osan AB, Pyeongtaek, South Korea, Yangsan Army Garrison, Seoul South Korea
Old 12-11-2018, 04:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I have found that SNO-CAP works great at getting out many stains. I apply with a garden sprayer, wait about 10 minutes and rinse off.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.