STAY AWAY from Service Smart Owl Landscaping & Pest Control - Ocala, The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Angry STAY AWAY from Service Smart Owl Landscaping & Pest Control - Ocala, The Villages

I want to make sure my fellow Villagers know that this landscaping service has been maintaining my neighbors yard for a while and it is the worst looking lawn on the entire street. The weeds in the front AND back grow to 2-3 feet high in between service and the home looks abandoned. The entire neighborhood agrees this one lawn is an eyesore on the 2200 block of Evans Prarie Trail. I took some pics so you can see what we have to look at every time we leave the house or look out the window:

I hope the owner of this business sees this post and takes some pride in his work because this is pathetic.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1963.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	69384   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1962.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	69385   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	69386  
Old 06-10-2017, 10:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

You can call this in to deed compliance, and they will investigate, and if necessary take over lawn care, billing the owner. The owner my not have any idea what is going on. There have been several past cases where the owner passed away, went into a nursing home, or some other event and the property languished. They maybe a snow bird, and the business is taking advantage of them, who knows. As for the business, it is possible they are doing what they were contracted to do, I have seen their trucks in our area (Pinellas), and have not seen these results. Please call, as you are aware calls are anonymous.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Send a message via MSN to sunlover

There are numerous very unhappy current and past customers of this company. Their service has declined particularly during the past year. I have made numerous calls to get them out to perform the contracted services. Many customers prepay up to a year and now forfeiting their money since it's difficult to get them to respond or refund their money. It seems the only recourse is to ride out your contract and change service providers. I do NOT recommend using them! I live in my home and I was embarrassed with the length of my grass. I resorted to pulling weeds myself. It took 3 wks for them to cut grass. I've been calling for 3 wks to get them to trim the shrubs, check some diseased plants, trim palms, and weed. I get told everytime that I'm on the schedule and they'll be out tomorrow. Tomorrow hasn't arrived yet....ugh!
Old 08-12-2017, 04:26 PM

We look forward to our prepaid contract running out-need we say more.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:31 PM

We were very happy when our prepaid contract expired. Within 2 weeks our lawn went from dismal to very good when we switched to Dean's.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:37 PM

With all the bad posts on this company I can't understand why anyone would use them. My neighbor has them, as soon as he goes up north, they know it. After, his lawn and schrubs look terrible.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearson14505 View Post
With all the bad posts on this company I can't understand why anyone would use them. My neighbor has them, as soon as he goes up north, they know it. After, his lawn and schrubs look terrible.
Why not give your neighbor a call and let him know that he is not getting what he is paying for, then he can call SS and get them out their. He may appreciate your feedback.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:16 PM

Seniors vs Crime has a dossier on them 3 inches thick. Why can't they be banned from doing business here?
Old 08-12-2017, 09:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGreenStreet View Post
I want to make sure my fellow Villagers know that this landscaping service has been maintaining my neighbors yard for a while and it is the worst looking lawn on the entire street. The weeds in the front AND back grow to 2-3 feet high in between service and the home looks abandoned. The entire neighborhood agrees this one lawn is an eyesore on the 2200 block of Evans Prarie Trail. I took some pics so you can see what we have to look at every time we leave the house or look out the window:

I hope the owner of this business sees this post and takes some pride in his work because this is pathetic.

The owner doesn't care. Call deed compliance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2017, 08:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
The owner doesn't care. Call deed compliance.

So you know the owner personally? If they do not have a home watch, they might not know they are being taken advantage of. Our next door neighbor was Canadian soon as they left lawn company stopped coming. Our home watch emailed me with pictures, even though not her account. I forward the email and pics to owner. They fired their lawn company and their home watch, and hired my people.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
So you know the owner personally? If they do not have a home watch, they might not know they are being taken advantage of. Our next door neighbor was Canadian soon as they left lawn company stopped coming. Our home watch emailed me with pictures, even though not her account. I forward the email and pics to owner. They fired their lawn company and their home watch, and hired my people.

I don't have to know the owner. It's up to the owner to do their due diligence, to insure their property is maintained properly so as not to infuriate the owners of the adjoining properties. Again, deed compliance needs to be contacted.

Old 08-13-2017, 12:10 PM

I too just got rid of them. They only delivered about 30% of what I paid for and even that was poorly done. They should be sued for not fulfilling the contracts they give you. Switched to Massey, pay a little more but at least you get what you pay for.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:57 PM

Does anyone know the address of service smart in Ocala. We are very unhappy with the service and want to go directly to main headquarters. They no longer answer their phone.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Sage
Default STAY AWAY from Service Smart Owl Landscaping & Pest Control - Ocala, The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlrcad2009 View Post
Does anyone know the address of service smart in Ocala. We are very unhappy with the service and want to go directly to main headquarters. They no longer answer their phone.

Google

I hope your right. That might mean they're out of business, as Service Smart anyway. I'm tired of seeing their weed infested lawns topped off with a Service Smart flag.
Old 09-12-2017, 09:18 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,345 Times in 733 Posts

You can look up the owners address easily with Sumter county, why not send him\her a pic of what is going on. Yes it takes more effort than dropping a dime on them. But 95% chance it will be well received and acted upon quicker
Closed Thread

Tags
service, entire, lawn, landscaping, evans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.