STAY AWAY FROM A Step Above Lawn and Pest control service, LLC

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2018, 08:28 PM
Default STAY AWAY FROM A Step Above Lawn and Pest control service, LLC

A Step Above for lawn maintenance is VERY BAD!!!! Stay away from A Step Above. They don't do what they told you verbally and on paper. My new lawn cost almost $1000 installed Feb 2018 is bad now with weeds, bugs and fungus. I have not been here since the spring. They get 15 Pinocchios out of a scale of 10 from me. Big big Liar and false advertise.
They took the money in Feb for a year of work. They didn't put pre emergent for crabgrass until May! Crabgrass already up in the lawn since early March for FL!
I will blast more negative campaigns on them so no more people should be a victim of this scam. Will consider file for small claim court too. Yes, cost some money and may not get the awarded judgment, but they will have a bad mark on them and more work for them for the suit. STAY AWAY FROM A Step Above Lawn, Pest Service. This company is one of many scammers in FL!!! They should be out of business soon. Please consider warning anyone you know about this company and any bad companies. Thank you.

The biggest Pinocchio is Matt Martin and he is very condescending man. Remember his name in case he opens another business.

I gave Matt Martin a chance to do good. But he chose not to. I told him I will le people know about his bad business. He didn't care and told me not to renew, LOL!

Didn't do PH analysis, poor poor weed control and refuge to do Aeration. He said my lawn is not big enough. My lawn took 2 pallets to replace my front lawn. This is not small. I have in writing what they said they do, but they DON'T do. A Step Above Lawn, Irrigation and Pest control is a BAD business to avoid. Yes, never pay anyone upfront again here.
Old 11-01-2018, 08:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

If everything you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt you), then file a complaint with Seniors against crime, the better business bureau, the Florida attorney general, and small claims court. If you paid by credit card, then dispute the charges on the basis of shoddy work, work not completed.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 11-02-2018, 01:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
If everything you say is true (and I have no reason to doubt you), then file a complaint with Seniors against crime, the better business bureau, the Florida attorney general, and small claims court. If you paid by credit card, then dispute the charges on the basis of shoddy work, work not completed.
Unfortunately, the only one of these options that has much chance for success is small claims court. The BBB doesn't seem to do anything. Seniors Against Crime have been unable to put even the most notorious companies out of business. They are actually operated by the Attorney General's office. And, the credit card company will only pursue charges made within the past 60 days. Good luck.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:50 AM
Sage

Again NO long term lawn maintenance contracts
Old 11-02-2018, 06:25 AM

Below is what another homeowner posted on Nextdoor app about another BAD sin of A Step Above Lawn, Pest & Irrigation Service. I had attached my pictures originally to my post, but they did not show up. Yes, pictures tell thousand words and usually no lie (I don't know how to make fake pictures lol). I feel that there are all sort of scams here! I am in their hunting ground now! Be careful everyone.

"This is a copy of what I posted about them in July...Lets keep warning our neighbors of bad contractors..its the only way to put them out of business! My post ---"A Step Above Lawn & Irrigation Services...BUYER BEWARE!!! II had them to see why my irrigation system was not working. They advised the 5 valves on the Hunter system were shot and needed replacing, that cost me $1225.00!!!! 2 months later it is not working again, 'Matt' came back & this time I was told it was the Control Panel shot (even tho' he had re-wired it at the last visit). When I questioned why it had been re-wired and certified had it suddenly stopped working.? No clear answer for that but he pulled all the wires out and advised also that if I didn't have ALL the sprinkler heads replaced they would void the warranty on the valves they had just replaced!!!! Because of his attitude I decided to call another (very highly recommended) company who checked EVERYTHING, connected the wiring, checked the valves ( & promptly advised me they do not appear to have been replaced at all), replaced the 9v battery back up and everything is working fine. It is now obvious that I have been ripped-off and although there is nothing I can do about it now I can advise others to NEVER call this company.---"
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	back lawn suffers from bad service of A Step Above Lawn service 2.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	77129   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	back lawn suffers from bad service of A Step Above Lawn service 3.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	77130   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Front lawn suffers from bad service of A Step Above Lawn service.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	209.2 KB
ID:	77131  
Old 11-02-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage

These company's change names--remember Service Smart , changed their name before becoming Service Smart--same bad company different name
Old 11-02-2018, 09:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddie2009 View Post
A Step Above for lawn maintenance is VERY BAD!!!! Stay away from A Step Above. They don't do what they told you verbally and on paper. My new lawn cost almost $1000 installed Feb 2018 is bad now with weeds, bugs and fungus. I have not been here since the spring. They get 15 Pinocchios out of a scale of 10 from me. Big big Liar and false advertise.
They took the money in Feb for a year of work. They didn't put pre emergent for crabgrass until May! Crabgrass already up in the lawn since early March for FL!
I will blast more negative campaigns on them so no more people should be a victim of this scam. Will consider file for small claim court too. Yes, cost some money and may not get the awarded judgment, but they will have a bad mark on them and more work for them for the suit. STAY AWAY FROM A Step Above Lawn, Pest Service. This company is one of many scammers in FL!!! They should be out of business soon. Please consider warning anyone you know about this company and any bad companies. Thank you.

The biggest Pinocchio is Matt Martin and he is very condescending man. Remember his name in case he opens another business.

I gave Matt Martin a chance to do good. But he chose not to. I told him I will le people know about his bad business. He didn't care and told me not to renew, LOL!

Didn't do PH analysis, poor poor weed control and refuge to do Aeration. He said my lawn is not big enough. My lawn took 2 pallets to replace my front lawn. This is not small. I have in writing what they said they do, but they DON'T do. A Step Above Lawn, Irrigation and Pest control is a BAD business to avoid. Yes, never pay anyone upfront again here.
Perhaps you should hire a homecare service when you are gone so that they can send you pictures of your lawn and check the inside of your home. Replacing a lawn is usually not necessary. Just watering it and feeding it and putting antiweed down is enough. Most of our lawns suffer when we are away. Keeping a lawn watered properly in Florida is key.

I am sure you are angry with the service but there are common sense issues here too.
Old 11-02-2018, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,392 Posts

Snowbirds also should get to know their full time neighbors. They can advise when noticing a problem.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:06 PM
Platinum member

This company sounds like another terrible villages company with a new name. They also tried to expand into OTOW and Stonecreek.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Again NO long term lawn maintenance contracts

Amen. Don’t pay for anything in advance, including landscapers. And for those in the new areas, NO ONE should be coming to your door soliciting.
Old 11-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
These company's change names--remember Service Smart , changed their name before becoming Service Smart--same bad company different name

Does Stellar ring a bell?
Closed Thread

Tags
lawn, bad, step, business, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.