Steve's Onsite Services are Great!!

Steve's Onsite Services are Great!!

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Steve's Onsite Services are Great!!
  #1  
Old 05-09-2012, 04:26 PM
villages07's Avatar
villages07 villages07 is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,026
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Steve's Onsite Services are Great!!

We had TOTV sponsor Steve's Onsite Services pressure wash our stucco house about 2 months ago... I had some of your same concerns but he assured me knowing what nozzles to use and proper pressure settings would produce a quality result with no damage to the stucco. And, he was right...he did a beautiful job and we did not see any chips in the stucco.
__________________
Maryland (DC Suburbs) - first 51 years
The Villages - next 51 years
Reply With Quote

Painter
  #2  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:05 PM
newvillagegirl newvillagegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Painter

We are looking for a painter for our house interior. We want someone reliable who shows up and completes the job on time. Does anyone have a good recommendation?

Thanks for your help.
__________________
Maryland, Pennsylvania, Virginia, London, New Jersey, New York and now The Villages!!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 09-11-2012, 12:31 PM
schmitty's Avatar
schmitty schmitty is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 77
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I used Steve's Onsite Services. If you go to his website you can also see the
additional services he offers. He's very particular about his work, has a good work
ethic, does a great job, and is a very personable young man along with his fiance
Jamie. You can also reach him at 352-603-6402.
__________________
Wisconsin Cheesehead
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-11-2012, 01:58 PM
ronsroni ronsroni is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: THE VILLAGES: Santo Doningo
Posts: 368
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

yup. I have the BEST painter. STEVE'S ONSITE SER VICES. 352-603-6402.
it may take a day or 2 to get a return call but it is well worth the wait. They are here with me tomorrow. I love them both.
Reply With Quote
Refinishing Cabinets
  #5  
Old 03-05-2013, 01:36 PM
boatmaiden boatmaiden is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Refinishing Cabinets

I would like to resurface my bathroom cabinets. Anyone know of a painter that could spray paint the units for me? Or any ideas of refacing cabinets and who to use?



Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-06-2013, 11:41 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmaiden View Post
I would like to resurface my bathroom cabinets. Anyone know of a painter that could spray paint the units for me? Or any ideas of refacing cabinets and who to use? Thanks!
For refacing cabinets I would go with Remington Kitchens If you do a search on TOTV you'll see others have used them. We just had the installer leave about an hour ago, he was here to do a final measurement and reface our kitchen beginning March 25.

For painting try either Investment Painters, who is also an advertiser here on TOTV and also painted the inside of our home two years ago and did a great job. They also do cabinets. Another painter, which we haven't used but they have been mentioned here on TOTV is Steves Onsite Services From talking with Investment Painters, they will sand, prime and brush paint your cabinets with special paint, a 10'x11' size CYV kitchen is about $1,000. The Steves Onsite Service I believe use a sprayer to apply the paint on the cabinets instead of brush painting.

Before we moved here two years ago i performed numerous searches on TOTV for everything from a handyman to landscapers, I had a notebook full of names and numbers so when we arrived I didn't have to do as much homework. Try the search feature at the top of the website and you'll get a lot of feedback on many contractors, good and bad.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM
George Bieniaszek's Avatar
George Bieniaszek George Bieniaszek is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: from Rocky Hill, CT now Pennecamp
Posts: 866
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Just a thought, I don't know if this is the direction you want to go. The bathroom cabinets in our home in CT were getting shabby from the humidity from showers and water spills etc. The finish was flaking off. What we did was to lightly sand the surface to get a uniform finish and bought Minwax Polyshade that was as close to the color of the cabinet and brushed it on. A couple of light coats as in the directions and the cabinets look brand new. Home Depot or Lowes have the products
__________________
Always keep your words soft and sweet,
just in case you have to eat them!
Reply With Quote
REfacing
  #8  
Old 03-07-2013, 09:28 AM
bandsdavis bandsdavis is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 538
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default REfacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
For refacing cabinets I would go with Remington Kitchens If you do a search on TOTV you'll see others have used them. We just had the installer leave about an hour ago, he was here to do a final measurement and reface our kitchen beginning March 25.

For painting try either Investment Painters, who is also an advertiser here on TOTV and also painted the inside of our home two years ago and did a great job. They also do cabinets. Another painter, which we haven't used but they have been mentioned here on TOTV is Steves Onsite Services From talking with Investment Painters, they will sand, prime and brush paint your cabinets with special paint, a 10'x11' size CYV kitchen is about $1,000. The Steves Onsite Service I believe use a sprayer to apply the paint on the cabinets instead of brush painting.

Before we moved here two years ago i performed numerous searches on TOTV for everything from a handyman to landscapers, I had a notebook full of names and numbers so when we arrived I didn't have to do as much homework. Try the search feature at the top of the website and you'll get a lot of feedback on many contractors, good and bad.
John, we are also talking to Steve's Onsite Services. Are you using thermafoil or wood? And are you going white or a wood stain? Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-07-2013, 10:29 AM
John_W's Avatar
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,053
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
John, we are also talking to Steve's Onsite Services. Are you using thermafoil or wood? And are you going white or a wood stain? Thanks!
We're going with thermafoil because we want white and it seems to look better than real paint, and is northing like the white thermafoil I've seen used in TV. We went to their small showroom on 441 by the airport and the white shaker style doors look just like painted but even better. They showed us a real painted shaker door and you could see small cracks where the wood sections separate. We had the same shaker style up north in white and wanted to duplicate our kitchen.


.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
bandsdavis bandsdavis is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 538
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
We're going with thermafoil because we want white and it seems to look better than real paint, and is northing like the white thermafoil I've seen used in TV. We went to their small showroom on 441 by the airport and the white shaker style doors look just like painted but even better. They showed us a real painted shaker door and you could see small cracks where the wood sections separate. We had the same shaker style up north in white and wanted to duplicate our kitchen.


.
Cool, thanks. Did they have any wood stain looking thermofoil cabinets at the showroom that you remember? Our sales person only had a small 4x6 sample and we would really like to see a larger sample. Thanks again.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.