Suggestions for internet and cable just south of 466A

Closed Thread
Old 04-14-2019, 07:21 AM
Default Suggestions for internet and cable just south of 466A

ETA to our new to us home in Sanibel is April 25th or 26th. We are really excited. We would like to get internet up and running as soon as possible. The other consideration is what to do about TV reception. Cable? Dish? OTA?

I am not sure what providers are available in our area. I would like to contact someone in the next few days to to schedule installation shortly after arrival. We have an immediate need for internet connection, not so rushed to make a decision about TV reception.

Any suggestions or experience would be appreciated. Phone numbers would be very helpful. We would like to avoid plans with commitments if possible, but if the teaser rate for a 2 year commitment is attractive maybe we would go with that. It would give us time to research other options down the road.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.
Old 04-14-2019, 07:59 AM

Major providers south of 466A are Comcast (Xfinity) and Spectrum.
I am an "internet only" customer and have had both.
I use an attic antenna and "Roku" for television service.

I prefer Spectrum. I like their customer service, their billing method, no contract, very fast internet and good deal for first year. Price increases $20 after that first year but they're very upfront about it. You'll have time to look around after you arrive.

Internet, Cable TV, and Phone Service | Spectrum

Comcast (Xfinity) also has very reliable internet service once established, but the customer service is lacking. I don't like the way they bill in advance either.

I have little experience with either one of them for the television part.
Old 04-14-2019, 08:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Spectrum
Old 04-14-2019, 11:53 AM

We have Spectrum for internet and TV. Our bill has remained essentially the same for over 6 years. No contract. Can cancel or increase service at any time. Excellent customer service.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Have had Spectrum for 5 years......unless they go out of business won't switch. Cutting the cord is not an option for us but if your TV viewing is casual that might also be an option.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Closed Thread

Tags
internet, suggestions, reception, cable, commitments

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.