Sun Kool Air Purification System

Closed Thread
Old 05-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Angry Sun Kool Air Purification System

We recently had our yearly A/C service/tune up with Sun Kool HVAC. Although I change my filter twice a year, the technician showed us a dirty filter full of dust, mold, and algae. Very common in these parts of the country. He suggested an ultra violet air purification system that would kill mold spores, bacteria, airborne viruses, pollen, dander and dust. The cost was $989.00. He installed it in about ten minutes. I looked up reviews after he left & could immediately notice a difference in the air quality. The reviews were all 5 Star. Excellent system used by schools, hospitals, hotels etc.

PRODUCT INFO:
RFG REME HVAC HALO 24V Air Purification System Light

Amazon.com: RGF REME HVAC HALO 24V Air Purification System Light: Industrial & Scientific

Here's the reason for my post....
The product sells for around $469.00 online.
I called Sun Kool to ask why we were charged twice as much for the system. He said even though you could buy the system online it had to be installed by a licensed tech. I said that I understood, but $500.00 installation fee on something that took ten minutes! I got nowhere with Sun Kool.

So, although this post does encourage you to look into this system, do your homework first and find a tech to install after you purchase this item. Or negotiate a fair price before its installed.
Lesson learned!

Last edited by aanton1129; 05-17-2017 at 10:29 AM.
Old 05-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Thanks for the info
Old 05-12-2017, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

When we replaced the HVAC system in our lake home 5 years ago we did include a UV light in the air way.

It is as advertised....it does keep the airway from the blower forward into the home as clean as the day it was installed.

Because the home is only utilized at different times of the year, mostly summer months...there use to be a light coating of a powdery type of mold on the leather furniture and wood surfaces.

Since the installation we have not had one spec of the powdery deposit.

The bulb (about 20 inches in length) requires replacement annually as the UV strength degrades some with time. The bulb costs about $69....less from Amazon....which I now replace myself...takes about 5 minutes.

When it comes time to replace the HVAC here in FL the new system will include a similar HVAC system including UV light.

This link is a similar system:

HVAC UV Lights for AC Systems-Do They Work? - House So Green

We have experienced non of the issues that were commented on in the references.

Do your home work. The technology does work.
Old 05-13-2017, 05:03 AM

The BEST air quality system is made by Blue Air. Worth every cent.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage

I am also wary of Sun Kool ...

Sun Kool installed the HVAC system when my house was built in 2011. As I approached my 1-year anniversary, I received a call from Sun Kool saying that I was entitled to a free annual inspection.

The tech checked everything inside and outside. It was all good EXCEPT my wall-mounted thermostat was out of calibration and should be replaced. He could install a better, programmable model for $xxx.

I declined, knowing that it's a DIY job.

Then I did some research ...
1. My thermostat had a 2-year warranty. Gee, he never offered to replace it.
2. The calibration of my thermostat can be adjusted by the user, which I then did myself.

I'm still using the same thermostat today.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, air, sun, kool, installed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.