Sunroom??

Closed Thread
Old 05-30-2017, 10:11 AM

You may want to check with Fortin Construction. Pierre Fortin is the owner and we are having our lanai expanded. I had another neighbor that had them do work and they did a great job for them which is why I chose them. 750.0478 There are several hoops that have to be dealt with as you move forward. The ARC must approve what you want to do and then the contractor will apply for a county building permit. Until all that is done nothing happens. I have not had any dealings with Harbortown but have heard they do great work as well.
Old 05-30-2017, 11:53 AM
Platinum member

I was told by my contractor that they are extremely busy. The problem is finding skilled workers. he said his bird cage people are scheduling in January! so be prepared to wait for the good contractors. They are the ones who don't promise you they can start soon. They may start but it's when they finish that counts.
Old 05-30-2017, 06:39 PM

After getting 3 estimates we had our XCEL transform our 8 X 17 enclosed lanai into a 17 X 20 sunroom with vaulted ceiling, sliding doors on each side leading to a birdcage on each side and large window facing the golf course. Briefly, the price was fair, work started on time, completion was a few weeks late, and any issues were resolved to our satisfaction. We visited three of the homes with similar renovations from a list of about 25 which the company supplied. Demetrius provided an estimate and then pulled out the last minute with no explanation. You may want to consider adding an air conditioner/heater which is well worth the price. Good luck.
Old 05-31-2017, 07:39 PM
Gold member

We are in process of interviewing now. Harbortown is coming but really don't want to wait too long before starting project will call Xcel also. Would love to see others completed sunrooms if willing to show us. First company we called Elite never even showed up or called. 2nd company Jerome's came, looked over and never called us back. Amazing when this is Not a small job
Old 06-16-2017, 08:23 AM
Gold member

Anyone use D & J ??
Closed Thread

Tags
sunroom, back, home, adding, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.