Carpet Cleaning (Lotto)

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2011, 12:03 PM
Veteran member
Default Carpet Cleaning (Lotto)

I did a search for a good carpet cleaning company and Lotto keeps coming up. However, a friend had Steve from Lotto do her carpeting and she told me that yes, he's a nice guy and yes, he's reasonable but the equipment he uses is not a professional grade - its more like something you rent at Publix to do yourself. She also said that within 6 months, carpets needed to be cleaned again. She suspects it's because he didn't use high end professional equipment.

Any insight into this? I need my carpets cleaned. My cat had an accident when she was ill and although I cleaned it with a good enzyme cleaner, I still want it cleaned professionally.

If you know of other carpet cleaning compaines that specialize in pet odor removal, please pass it along.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:40 PM

Hi Nanci. If the carpet is clean after Steve is done and dirty 6 months later, I do not see how the equipment used would be the problem? Your friend should be looking to where the dirt is being tracked in from.

I have used Lotto/Steve as well as the many others your search showed you. For the price and excellent recommendations from other TOTV folks, you can not go wrong in finding out for yourself how nice your carpets will look. Let us know.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:45 PM

Steve did our carpets and we were very happy with the result & cost. I agree that carpets being dirty six months later is no reflection on the cleaner. Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Thanks to both of you. How is Steve in terms of removing pet odor? Like I wrote, it's non existent unless I put my face to the carpet; there's a tell tale odor from where Millie had her accident - poor baby had an undetected UTI.

Anyway, how long does it take for his method to dry.

I think my friend was referring to the fact that he didn't use a deep cleaning method that most commerical companes use.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanci2539 View Post
Anyway, how long does it take for his method to dry.
I think my friend was referring to the fact that he didn't use a deep cleaning method that most commerical companes use.
I've used Lotto/Steve many times. Carpets dry 4-12 hours after cleaning, depending on temperature, fans, etc. People have told me that Steve is very effective at removing pet odours. However he is NOT a commercial company, he is just himself. Steve may not have the most expensive equipment; but his rates are very reasonable. $50.00 every six months for cleaning sounds like a bargain to me!

If you have a stubborn stain and are very particular, iIt sounds as if you may be looking for a speciality cleaner.
Old 03-11-2011, 02:24 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

when we bought our pre-owned the carpeting looked as if it would need to be replaced...had it cleaned by steve prior to our move-in to give us time to shop for new...bottom line - steve did such a GREAT job with his equipment, strength and personal commitment/drive, the carpeting is still here, is not scheduled for replacement and will soon be cleaned by steve just for the best of it.

since you have a specific problem - call steve and ask him if he can resolve it for you - he has no reason not to be straightforward - he has lots of referrals from these boards and word of mouth to keep him in golf $$ for months!

Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 PM

I have a older pussy cat and Steve had no problem getting out the stain and the offensive urine odor. He must have a different machine than when he did your friends. It was a big square machine along the order of a washing machine. If you could rent it it wouldn't fit in the car. Several people mentioned $50.00, I remember about $70.00. I was very pleased and will call him again. He also power washed outside. Good Luck, Herb
Old 03-12-2011, 08:59 AM
Default urine orders

If a urine stain go to the primary back of the carpet you are not going to get it out, I don't care what you try, you can put perfume on it but it will come back. Seam cleaning will not take stains out of the primary back of the carpet. You will in most cases have to purchased new carpet, sorry.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.