T&D - Multiple Companies or Just Similar Names

Closed Thread
Old 12-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Platinum member
Default T&D - Multiple Companies or Just Similar Names

I've been looking over past threads for a contractor to bump-out Lani, (add a concrete pad & birdcage). I see several references to T&D. There's T&D Construction on CR466, and T&D Screening in Wildwood. Are these companies related or just similarly named? As anyone completed a lanai bump out recently? I'd appreciate you experience locating a contractor.

George
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Platinum member

T&D might be the largest independent company that does work in The Villages. They started as a concrete company doing general construction and they then bought established pool building and screening companies. They do all kinds of construction and have a very good reputation for quality and fair pricing. Recently they have found it difficult to keep up with demand, especially with pools, so there may be delay before they start your work. But you can depend on them.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:15 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
I've been looking over past threads for a contractor to bump-out Lani, (add a concrete pad & birdcage). I see several references to T&D. There's T&D Construction on CR466, and T&D Screening in Wildwood. Are these companies related or just similarly named? As anyone completed a lanai bump out recently? I'd appreciate you experience locating a contractor.

George
I believe they're all the same. I'm a satisfied customer having had them install a pool, birdcage and front porch enclosure. Here is their website for enclosures services:

T&D Screen Enclosures, Inc.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 12-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Sage

T & D is probably making as much money as the morse family. Concrete, aluminum, blockwork, drywall and masonry supplies, dumpster service, porta-potties, and patio furniture stores. All owned by someone who never went to school, and can't read and write.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
T & D is probably making as much money as the morse family. Concrete, aluminum, blockwork, drywall and masonry supplies, dumpster service, porta-potties, and patio furniture stores. All owned by someone who never went to school, and can't read and write.
The American Dream realized!!! Good for him!!! We haven't had them do work for us but know several folks who have...they are well-known and do a great job.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
The American Dream realized!!! Good for him!!! We haven't had them do work for us but know several folks who have...they are well-known and do a great job.
I agree with you... good for him/them! Also, you wouldn't believe the number of workers they employee as well as sub-contractor(s) that came and went as they were doing our build... and that's just one of a number of crews they have. They provide quite a few jobs for the area. Unfortunately, a lot of those jobs will go away after build out! I talked to one of the supervisors toward the end of our build and he's already planning for what he's going to do when that happens!
Old 12-25-2012, 08:42 AM
Sage

On any given day, they have upwards of 350 men working in the villages. Most for minimum wage, but they can have all the hours they want.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:58 AM

T&D is awesome. We just had a birdcage added, and couldn't be more pleased with their work and service.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Sage

TD did the bird cage on our new home, and one part is soo crooked I'm surprised, I suppose it will be fixed after our walk thu.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
TD did the bird cage on our new home, and one part is soo crooked I'm surprised, I suppose it will be fixed after our walk thu.
Jimbo,
Just lean to the left (or right) and the birdcage should appear to be level. Just kidding, of course. I'm sure you will get the matter "straightened out."

Gene
Old 12-28-2012, 10:33 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
These crews do this day after day and I wouldn't be surprised if what you see as crooked is actually a bend that's required because of the 5' setback limitation. We have the bend and wondered why at first until it was explained to us!
Old 12-28-2012, 11:04 AM
Location: Wisconsin, San Antonio, Germany, Korea, Alabama and soon The Villages

We had T&D do our pool and birdcage as well and are also a satisfied customer. They did a wonderful job!
Old 12-31-2012, 01:08 PM
Default T&D

They did work for us. Cost a lot more then others out there. You get what you pay for.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susanpearce62 View Post
They did work for us. Cost a lot more then others out there. You get what you pay for.
CORRECTION--You may not always get what you pay for but you'll always pay for what you get!

Yes, I do agree with you. Good jobs do not come cheaply, and more often than not, better contractors with proven track records often command premium prices. I'd go with the proven contractor over the "cheapest" contractor any day.

George
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.