Taxi in TV

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2019, 01:19 AM
Veteran member
Default Taxi in TV

Are there any taxi services for TV? I do not want to use UBER, I think they are unreliable around our area. I am going on a cruise and need to be dropped off at the bus station at 6:30 in the morning. I really don't want to bother my friends that early in the morning.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Are there any taxi services for TV? I do not want to use UBER, I think they are unreliable around our area. I am going on a cruise and need to be dropped off at the bus station at 6:30 in the morning. I really don't want to bother my friends that early in the morning.
You didn't mention how far you have to go (the expected fare for the taxi/Uber driver)...but I would certainly try to set something (and the fee) up in advance.

At that time of the morning, depending on the distance, a taxi (or even Uber) might not think it's worth their time...given that other fares might not be for hours later.

I also understand not wanting to bother any friends, but you might still see if there's some kind of favor you could reciprocate with (in addition to money)...with one of your friends.

Having a guarantee (and one less thing to worry about) on something this important, would personally be for me...worth quite a bit.

Good luck.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

You could try Tina Hughes 352-460-9760, she and her husband run a car service to local places, i.e. doctors offices, shopping, you name it, and the last time I spoke to her they charged 12cents a mile. We have used her and she is GREAT. I always use her to bring my granddaughters to and from TV and she is highly recommended on NextDoor website.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Last edited by Madelaine Amee; 05-03-2019 at 06:34 AM.
Old 05-03-2019, 06:36 AM

You say you need to be dropped at the bus station. If you’re taking the Villages Shuttle they provide a pick up service for a nominal fee.
Old 05-03-2019, 07:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Are there any taxi services for TV? I am going on a cruise and need to be dropped off at the bus station at 6:30 in the morning.
There is a taxi company operating out of the small mall near Bealls on 441 that we use when the cruise bus drops us off there. Sorry, don't have contact details with me.
Closed Thread

Tags
taxi, morning, bus, dropped, station

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.