Taxi, Uber and other services

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2016, 09:45 PM
Default Taxi, Uber and other services

Without a car, what is the best way to get long distances if needed? What does everyone do.

I'm a disabled veteran (I may say that a lot so people can understand) and driving isn't something I may be doing. Golf cart will be no problem.

I just may to get outside the villages, or to places that are far from where I plan on living.

Any ideas?
Old 11-13-2016, 10:29 PM
Dancing Thyme

My ex-husband lives here and he is disabled also. If I can't drive him someplace (which is usually what we do), he uses the local taxi cab companies who are very reliable and they take him to his doctor appointments, or other appointments if I am busy. I think you will find that many of your neighbors will soon offer their services too. The people here are very kind and friendly and very helpful.

Again, good luck.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-13-2016, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Uber isn't really a viable option here as of yet.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2016, 08:24 AM

Everyone.

Thanks for the replies. Uber would be great but who would do the driving. I am guessing the taxi services are good here and are listed in the forums.

Last edited by TheDude; 11-14-2016 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Used someone's name
Old 11-14-2016, 07:35 PM

The Uber driver would drive them. Problem is we don't always have the app on to accept requests.
Old 11-14-2016, 08:26 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS33 View Post
Everyone.

Thanks for the replies. Uber would be great but who would do the driving. I am guessing the taxi services are good here and are listed in the forums.
We don't have Uber as yet. My ex uses Villages Taxi which is very reliable.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 11-14-2016, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLS33 View Post
Everyone.

Please evaluate this carefully before you commit. This place is really focused on active adults and I don't mean to be mean. There aren't buses, there are taxi's but the place was really built to be a golf cart community. Many people will be leaving as they become less able to be mobile. I don't want you to be disappointed. It would be wise to rent for awhile.
Old 11-14-2016, 09:57 PM
Default Transportation within the villages

I have a friend who is also looking for transporation within the villages anyone looking to help him out kindly pm me and I will gve you his phone #.. Thanks
Old 11-17-2016, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Please evaluate this carefully before you commit. This place is really focused on active adults and I don't mean to be mean. There aren't buses, there are taxi's but the place was really built to be a golf cart community. Many people will be leaving as they become less able to be mobile. I don't want you to be disappointed. It would be wise to rent for awhile.
Graciegirl, you are not mean to me. I don't mind a little tiger rawr. I have my arms and legs; and golf and water volleyball are looking pretty nice; plus I went to a polo match and fell in love.

I'm not looking for a bus, actually I hate buses, I lived in NYC for 30 years. I'm looking for someone in a Lexus to drive me to the vet center north of the villages when I need it (that is what I get from an Uber where I live now).

I will be having a golf cart (2017 Yamaha Drive 2 with everything I can add, and in a paint job that I hope to get the heads turning). I will probably drive the cart more than anyone in the villages.

Just if I am living on the bottom of the villages in a newer area then a 9 mile golf cart ride north is a distance. Or if I want to go to the Best Buy which is outside The Villages, I need a way. Or if I want to hang out with the other vets at Lake Sumter at that outside bar partaking in a little drink I'd like to have options.

I'd like to have a way to get long places, or get home safety.

So, don't worry, can't offend me, I've been through a lot, and I am looking for the love of The Villages. A place of peace.

Oh, and no, renting isn't an option.

Last edited by TheDude; 11-17-2016 at 05:55 PM. Reason: heads not head :)
Old 11-21-2016, 08:58 PM

Just FYI, there is Uber here in the Villages, we just don't always have the app on. I know of several drivers who have the same circumstance.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:27 PM

I use The Villages Transportation taxi. Reasonably priced, great drivers and after a few services the girls on the phone start to remember you which makes scheduling easier. Very kind and friendly there, it goes a long way!
Closed Thread

Tags
problem, cart, golf, uber, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.