Termite control

Closed Thread
Old 02-19-2018, 12:11 PM
Smile Termite control

Mrs. Robinson - I know you are not an advocate of regular insect control treatments. Does this include termites. I had a termite inspection when I bought my house and am clear - do I need regular visits/treatments by experts! Since you have lived here for years value your opinion/advice.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:25 AM
Veteran member
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy4 View Post
Mrs. Robinson - I know you are not an advocate of regular insect control treatments. Does this include termites. I had a termite inspection when I bought my house and am clear - do I need regular visits/treatments by experts! Since you have lived here for years value your opinion/advice.

Well, you will probably be bombarded with sticks, stones and arrows from my comment because probably 90% of Villagers have a contract with a pest control company. They have done an incredible marketing job in this area!

I hate repeating myself but here goes . . .
I originally moved to south Florida (where termites are more prevalent) in 1983 and I have never had a termite problem.
No treatments, visits, etc.
My house there was built in the early 80s and when I moved (about ten years ago) I never had a problem.

Had I paid for a pest or termite contract during all those years the total would have cost a bundle.
If I had to treat for termites without any contract after all those years, monetarily, I still would have been way ahead.

I have never had any type of inspection or pest contract, even after all these years, but I am very aware of what the possibility is.
Periodically my husband goes around and with the handle of a screw driver, will tap on various places (wood), looking for any sign of droppings/damage.

Perhaps you would feel more comfortable having an inspection
every few years???
I can only say, you have to do with what you are comfortable doing, but don't let your friends and neighbors put the fear of God in you.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:33 AM

Thank you, Mrs. Robinson - appreciate your response. I'll be cancelling my bug control contract.
Brandy4
Closed Thread

Tags
termite, regular, control, visits/treatments, clear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.