Thank You FERTIGATOR lawn service

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2019, 07:02 AM
Veteran member
Default Thank You FERTIGATOR lawn service

I was one of the first customers years ago. I was ok with the service. Well two days ago i received an email saying that they will no longer service my area (between 466 and 466a) this is for mowing only. Excuse is "cant get qualified help. BS Nice wait until June to cancel service, do not do it in the winter when you get paid for doing very little to nothing. I am guessing that is business -- forget the loyal customers. So much for Fertigatore being a repeatable company. If i move and need a lawn service company it will not be Fertigator
Old 06-04-2019, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

I think that this is just a sign of the times and the strength of the local economy. Just a guess on my part but they probably just had some of their employees leave them for other better-paying jobs, or they couldn't get the additional help they need for summer, and that left them unable to cover all their customers.

I know one of the lawn services in our area, Falcon, stopped taking new mowing customers for about a year because they couldn't get help. I think they are back to taking new customers now. About a year ago, one neighbor wanted to use them but couldn't until very recently, but they had to sign up for Falcon's bug and fertilizing service too to get the mowing they wanted.
Old 06-04-2019, 07:51 AM
Sage

Another reason to never use any lawn service with long term contracts
Old 06-04-2019, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

How can a company change a contract after an agreement has be signed ?
Deans did it to me they stopped my shrub trimming and knocked 8 dollars a month off my bill big deal
Old 06-04-2019, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Another reason to never use any lawn service with long term contracts
Old 06-04-2019, 09:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
How can a company change a contract after an agreement has be signed ?
Deans did it to me they stopped my shrub trimming and knocked 8 dollars a month off my bill big deal

Month-to-month agreement.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:39 AM
Gold member

Look for small operators in your neighborhood and approach them about taking over your lawn care needs. The small guys are the hungry ones and I've found they do the best work compared to the big named companies.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 AM
Veteran member

Yes I was on a month to month. Just fell bad -- no customer appreciation. So buyer beware
Old 06-05-2019, 07:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Working for any of these landscapers here during the summer must be brutal. I imagine it must be difficult to get and keep workers.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:43 AM
Platinum member

I think this is a sign of the times. Number of service folks (not just lawn care) can’t keep up with demand what with the population ever growing. Look for rising costs when you can get someone to do the work.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
I was one of the first customers years ago. I was ok with the service. Well two days ago i received an email saying that they will no longer service my area (between 466 and 466a) this is for mowing only. Excuse is "cant get qualified help. BS Nice wait until June to cancel service, do not do it in the winter when you get paid for doing very little to nothing. I am guessing that is business -- forget the loyal customers. So much for Fertigatore being a repeatable company. If i move and need a lawn service company it will not be Fertigator
I met with Jason, one of the owners, and if you have paid in full they will mow your lawn until the end of your contract. For me that is November.

I believe Jason is a great guy trying to focus on a business he can run with integrity. I have had any number of complaints about lawn mowing in the last year and Jason has followed up each every time with personal phone calls or visits.

Simply stated Fertigator can't find people to show up and do the job, even at $15 an hour.

I am keeping Fertigator for weed bed control, pest control and bush trimming because they do a nice job in those areas of their business.

P.s. I went out and bought a lawnmower last week, on sale at Home Depot for 15% off. And no, I am not taking on new customers.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 06-06-2019, 06:03 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I met with Jason, one of the owners, and if you have paid in full they will mow your lawn until the end of your contract. For me that is November.

I believe Jason is a great guy trying to focus on a business he can run with integrity. I have had any number of complaints about lawn mowing in the last year and Jason has followed up each every time with personal phone calls or visits.

Simply stated Fertigator can't find people to show up and do the job, even at $15 an hour.

I am keeping Fertigator for weed bed control, pest control and bush trimming because they do a nice job in those areas of their business.

P.s. I went out and bought a lawnmower last week, on sale at Home Depot for 15% off. And no, I am not taking on new customers.

I spoke with Fertigator about keeping the fertilizing and weed control. Said it would be $50 a month. I asked how many times they do this service they told me every two months. Which is totally wrong and lie. I asked them to check their records (I keep my own recorded) they said the last time did my house was in March and the time before that was in January. So the way I count that's every 3 months not everything 2 months has was told to me.... The way I figured that's $150 every time they come out to my house for a grand total of 20 minutes. Nice work Jason
Old 06-06-2019, 03:58 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
I spoke with Fertigator about keeping the fertilizing and weed control. Said it would be $50 a month. I asked how many times they do this service they told me every two months. Which is totally wrong and lie. I asked them to check their records (I keep my own recorded) they said the last time did my house was in March and the time before that was in January. So the way I count that's every 3 months not everything 2 months has was told to me.... The way I figured that's $150 every time they come out to my house for a grand total of 20 minutes. Nice work Jason
There are many companies to choose from in The Villages, and I was just sharing my experience with you. I am sure you will find someone that you are happy with. I understand the frustration of finding a good company and am happy with my current choice. Best of luck.

Old 06-07-2019, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

I am happy for you..I am just letting people know the way i was treated... Good luck with you $150 per treatment..I mean no disrespect and thank you for your input
Old 06-07-2019, 08:52 AM

Quote:
January to February is one month, February to March is one month. One plus one is two.
I'm thinking Jason didn't lie about doing this service every two months.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, company, lawn, customers, fertigator

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.