Thank You Mike Scott Plumbing for 6 Days Without Hot Water!

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2020, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
When you called the warranty department, who did they recommend. Even 10 years later, when something goose wrong at our house I always call them for who to call
They are always helpful. ALWAYS. I would like to go and visit them in person and hug them. Their job can't always be easy.

Excellent advice Asianthree and I know you meant to say "goes wrong".
Old 02-13-2020, 06:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
They are always helpful. ALWAYS. I would like to go and visit them in person and hug them. Their job can't always be easy.

Excellent advice Asianthree and I know you meant to say "goes wrong".
The volume of calls they receive on any given day is staggering.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:06 AM
Default Warranty Contracts = Inconvenience

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMMY D View Post
Lack of hot water , lack of cold refrigerator things we think a phone call will fix quickly is not always the case in the Villages. My case we had no working refrigerator for over a week. Bought into one of those fix all contracts. They came in two days. Took another 3 to get part. All set. No. Said it was two other parts another 4 days. Finally fixed I hope. Not going to do contract again.
I agree that Warranty Contracts are a pain, used to be “don’t buy a Warranty” that is no longer the case. Appliances are no longer built to last beyond 5-7 years. What happened to saving the planet? I did not buy a Warranty on a LG French Door/Bottom Freezer refrigerator. Within 2 years, the compressor went out, which was covered by Mfg Warranty. You HAVE to call LG & use “their repair companies” $650 labor costs. I pitched such a fit that LG sent me $250. Two years later, the Sealed System leaked out all the Freon. I was over dealing with LG, so I set my ‘Pig w/lipstick’ at the curb w/a RIP sign & it was picked up by a ‘scrapper’ within the hour. So, within 4 years LG cost me $2,600 initial purchase, $650 labor( LG sent me $250 compensation), two different repair companies $80 each to learn they “don’t replace compressors” “they don’t replace sealed systems”
#ridiculous
Old 02-13-2020, 07:25 AM

Had a similar problem up north with our furnace igniter..... another high failure item similar to the tankless water heater. We purchased an extra igniter which we handed to the plumber on a very cold night when he did not have the part on his truck.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:41 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

I have used Mike Scott Plumbing several times. Always had great results. Sorry for your problems.
Old 02-13-2020, 08:32 AM

Mike Scott is our GO TO PLUMBER!
Old 02-13-2020, 02:48 PM

This company does this to put you off. I.e. schedule you at their convenience.
Scott also told me they couldn’t get a common part for my toilet & wanted to scheduled me A couple of days later, but that they REQUIRED their service call fee immediately. Ha ha. I told them NO.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

And the dead horse continues to be beaten.
Old 02-13-2020, 05:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
And the dead horse continues to be beaten.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:24 PM

I agree, it's not Mike Scott's fault! We've always had GREAT service from them
Old 02-13-2020, 07:36 PM

Did anyone try Gyges Plumming and Cooling, located near Leesberg? They once serviced my duct taps for a flow problem. They only took an hour and they have been working since!

Give them a call and ask what they may provide!
Old 02-13-2020, 09:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stadry View Post
mayhaps tv phones're different - mine's able to call several #'s - even 1 right after another,,, think i might've found another plumber/source
Maybe OP already paid one service fee to have the plumber come to the house and didn't feel like having to incur another one to have a different plumber come out. I agree that due to the fact that TV changed its style of appliance, the area plumbers should be aware and stock the part.

Mike Scott Plumbing does business in several different counties. They have gotten quite big and have several teams and trucks. My guess is they have a stock manager. I'm sure they have the room to stock necessary parts.

I feel very sorry for Mr. Scott and his family. Someone dropped the ball, and I also feel sorry for anyone who has to go six days without hot water. Cold showers are not fun.
Old 02-14-2020, 01:29 AM

Do you know that mike Scott was killed in a vehicle accident. God rest his soul. Also forgive those that talk I'll of the dead
Old 02-14-2020, 03:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEbner2805 View Post
In the real world outside this bubble nobody helps anyone with parts nor does anyone have same issues on appliances! We but a house and we are on our own after that if the warrantee is past. Why would you expect this world here to be different than the rest of the US? And I have no idea what part you are talking about? If you are earning people, why not help us out with a link to the part or the exact name of it at Home Depot so it’s not just a dead complaint on us here??? I never had that problem with water heater at any other house I owned! Make this constructive instead of just venting and being vague. I am left confused and wondering wth can I do to help myself?
Thanks 🙏
I do believe it was adequately explained. The builders changed the kind of appliance, and the plumber chose not to stock parts for it. Regardless of the unfortunate death in the family, the parts for a different appliance that was changed to something completely different a few years ago, the parts were not in hand. Could be lack of communication between builders and plumbers--who knows. But I feel OP has a legitimate gripe. I'm sorry the owner died, but the company is so big somebody should have kept current. Maybe another employee--again, who knows. But I don't agree with bashing the OP.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtisbwp View Post
Do you know that mike Scott was killed in a vehicle accident. God rest his soul. Also forgive those that talk I'll of the dead
Mike Scott dying in a car crash has already been mentioned three previous times, it helps to read other posts first. However, this thread is about the plumbing company, not the man. Had it been called ABC Plumbing would you still have said the same? Don't confuse apples and oranges.
Closed Thread

Tags
mike, scott, water, part, plumber

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.