Are there any good Carpet Cleaners out there?

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 12:48 PM
Bosoxfan

bump!!
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM

I bought a Hoover carpet cleaning machine for several hundred dollars some years ago with brushes on the bottom, it does an awesome job and is easy to use. Uses hot water besides the special detergent, once you make a few passes with the detergent and brushes, you go back with the hot water button on, it sucks up all liquid and dirt, you will be amazed how much dirt you will pull out of the carpet yourself.
Old 02-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Steve just left my house and did a wonderful job! $49 for a three bedroom cottage!! Couldn't be happier.Highly recommend Steve!
Agree about Steve, he is fantastic. He did 2 rugs and my love seats for me,,, Fantastic job.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-05-2011, 01:45 PM
Veteran member

While getting our house up north ready for sale...we knew we'd need to have the carpet cleaned. We called Stanley Steamer and yes they will try to sell you the "up-grades" on the package. I didn't feel they were particularly over-bearing and stuck with what the ad had said. We were very satisfied. One thing though and they told us this would be the case too...the high-traffic areas that are worn down and have more soil will never look like it did when it is new. I expected that would be the case. Also our carpet was very light and it was obviously clean and brightened after the cleaning.

Down here...Steve's business seems to be a good one to go with by all the reports on here. Will have to remember that!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Talking Carpet cleaning...

I used Steve Burstock from Lotto Carpet Cleaning last week ....
He is a delight and does a great job! He does NOT move the big furniture--but, that was okay with me. He only charged $59 and did four rooms!
At that rate--I can have him out again this year! The carpet will wear out before he does--that is FOR SURE!
Lynn
Old 03-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Hope2b .. Can you explain what you mean about Stanley Steamer bait and switch???
They gave me an estimate on the phone and are coming Monday to clean my carpets. Hope it's the same people Hyacinth used and recommends.
Would like to know how you like them? I am looking for a good carpet STEAM cleaning business. Thank you!!!!!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:34 AM
Default Ecco Power

Ecco Power is pretty pricey. Is it really worth it? Any other recommendations?
Thank you.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Default Couch cleaning....

i am looking for a profressional cleaner to clean some stains on my new couch!
Any tips?

Thanks,
Lynn
Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 PM

Based on several favorable comments on this site, we recently used Scott Brown at Eco Power Plus (352-552-3026) and had wonderful results. We've been in our home for two years and have had the carpets cleaned twice before but never with the results we had with Scott Brown. He and his wife, Carla, moved all the furniture and took several hours to do the complete job. They even rolled up and cleaned large area rugs to clean the carpet beneath and then replaced the area rugs. When they finished, the carpet was dry within an hour.

We have two small dogs and had even considered putting in wood or laminate floors. However the carpet now looks like new and replacing the carpets is no longer a consideration for us. In the future we won't use anyone else.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Default Furniture cleaner...

Does Eco Power also clean furniture?
Thanks,
Lynn
Old 09-23-2011, 07:52 PM
Default Carpet/furniture cleaning...

I only used Lotto for the carpeting--and while he was very reasonably priced---he only did the carpeting and it took SEVERAL days to dry. NOT good when you have a dog.....

I now need my couch cleaned--does Ecco do that?
Thanks,
Lynn
Old 09-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosoxfan View Post
Steve just left my house and did a wonderful job! $49 for a three bedroom cottage!! Couldn't be happier.Highly recommend Steve!
What method does Steve use to clean the carpets?
Old 09-24-2011, 06:51 AM
Default Carpet Cleaners

Quote:
Originally Posted by pili View Post
Ecco Power is pretty pricey. Is it really worth it? Any other recommendations?
Thank you.
We used Eco-Power Plus and was highly satisfied. I previously used a Hoover shampooer to clean up, but my carpets were turning a greyish color, and it seemed the more I shampooed, the sooner I was re-doing. Guess what? The carpet shampoo residue was attracting the dirt. Eco Power Plus also, miraculously, removed most of the stain of "printer ink" which was on the carpet. I never thought that would come out. They do carpet, tile and upholstery cleaning. Also gave us great advice on keeping the carpet clean for longer times.

We used them 1-1/2 years ago, and have not needed the carpet cleaned yet. They said their cleaning should last up to 3 years ! I will only use them in the future.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:01 AM
Default Carpet cleaning-Eco-Power

We used Scott Brown at Eco-Power based on the positive posts we read here. The work was excellent.
The previous owners left all kinds of tape residue on the carpet from an estate sale. The carpets were also very dirty and not soft. We had tried everything we knew to remove the tape adhesive.
Scott and his wife removed all of the tape residue and left the carpet in like new condition. It was clean, soft, and had the loft of a new carpet. We plan on using them again. We felt the price was fair for the quality of the work and the four hours it took to do the job.
They also do carpet stretching, upholstery cleaning, and ceramic tile cleaning.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Default Carpet cleaners

I highly recommend Scott Brown from Eco-Power Plus. He did an excellent job and spent a lot of time cleaning the bad job the previous cleaner had done. He also cleaned by tile floors and they look like new. I was always disappointed with the tiles and now they are very nice.

Eco Power
552-3026
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.