Is there a commission for communication issues in the Villages?

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2020, 03:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunflower33 View Post
I had a problem with Comcast of whom I no longer do business with however. I wrote a letter to the FCC and within two days Comcast resolved my problem. There are numerous complaints to the FCC on this company that’s why I now own a fire stick. No more cable tv
wow. good to know, thx for sharing
Old 01-12-2020, 10:56 PM

We went back to Comcast/Xfinity a few years ago, after suffering through issues with CenturyLink and Dish (seems they all are worthless to some point), and have had very few issues with their service. One time it took 3 service calls to find the problem, which happened to be a bad circuit board in a box down the line, but all was fixed within 3 days and we ended up with all new cable boxes, remotes, and cable from house to box in back yard. We just had our main cable box/DVR fail when connecting a new Sony TV. I called on Sunday and they were out on Tuesday morning and installed a new box, set up the remotes and checked our other TV connections. No charge for any services they have ever performed. They may not be the greatest, but they are far better now than they were 15 years ago.
Old 01-30-2020, 11:25 PM
Platinum member
Default My experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
If you are using all Comcast equipment, go online, and to the comcast website, go into chat, explain your problem, demand they repair THEIR equipment at NO cost to you. I have done this twice, with excellent results.
After a lightning storm, THEIR set top box stopped working. I called and went through all the "Do this, now do that...". Then they warn you that if it's not Comcast equipment problem, we can charge you for a house call. Finally a contractor was sent out and he swapped the set top box. I was very nice to him. Easy fix. On the way out I asked: "No charge for your visit, right?" His reply was "Yup!" Next month an $80 service charge was added to my bill. Calls to the Customer Service Billing Dept. kept getting the same answer: "We'll investigate it". I refused to pay the $80 portion of the bill each month. Month after month the charge stayed and then late fees were added too. After about 5 more calls, I got someone that could look at the service record. She said the technician marked the call as "Customer chargeable on that date" and they could not do anything about it because that technician no longer works for the contractor. (How would she know that immediately?) So I would have to pay the $80. A little research on the internet I found the VP for the Florida Region of Comcast (in Jacksonville): Her name and her phone number!!! I was very nice and explained that's it's been taking almost 6 months to get the erroneous charge off my bill. She transferred me to someone in Miami, he took my account number and the $80, late fees and a small credit (for lost service?) showed up on the next statement. No explanation, no apology.

I HATE COMCAST.

Now, do you think I can remember his or her name for the next SNAFU?

Skip
Old 01-31-2020, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I love my Spectrum

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,902 Times in 914 Posts
Default Cable boxes - the next buggy whips and typewriters.

If you need / want to buy a new television, I highly recommend a "smart" TV with roku inside. No Cable box is needed, just a connection to the internet, the faster the better. From there, you can watch standard television with spectrum or other "streaming" internet television providers from anywhere in the world.

One can connect the roku via wired or wirelessly, and the better answer is wired but that depends upon your home wiring and hi tech desires.

You can also take the app on you tablet with you. . .

So tv cable boxes are the next buggy whips and typewriters. You can check my posting on building a hi tech smart house here in the villages. BTW, there is no "phone" connection in our house anywhere. Buy a magic jack for a phone if you don't have a cell phone

Sportsguy
Old 02-01-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,714 Times in 5,243 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
If you need / want to buy a new television, I highly recommend a "smart" TV with roku inside. No Cable box is needed, just a connection to the internet, the faster the better. From there, you can watch standard television with spectrum or other "streaming" internet television providers from anywhere in the world.

One can connect the roku via wired or wirelessly, and the better answer is wired but that depends upon your home wiring and hi tech desires.

You can also take the app on you tablet with you. . .

So tv cable boxes are the next buggy whips and typewriters. You can check my posting on building a hi tech smart house here in the villages. BTW, there is no "phone" connection in our house anywhere. Buy a magic jack for a phone if you don't have a cell phone

Sportsguy
You don't need a smart TV. As long as you have an extra HDMI input, you can just plug in a 50 dollar Roku stick and any TV will function just like a smart TV.
Closed Thread

Tags
problem, report, wondered, comcast, consistent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.