for those of you who have had a pool constructed here

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2020, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSonja View Post
i'm interested in finding a list of companies that do this...I have made a few calls and many can't even fit in an appointment until september..

please post recommendations.

many many thanks,

sonja
With so many pools available here? I have never had a problem using the pools and we swim and play water volleyball frequently. Your choice, your money.
Old 07-28-2020, 06:30 AM
Default Fiesta Pool Great so far...not happy with The Villages

Fiesta pool was getting close to starting construction. Company sent out to check for utilities, etc.Unfortunately, The Villages when they built did things cheap. I was under the impression that utilities were put in the easement...not so.Electrical cable running diagonally thru the backyard Power company has been here to see what has to be done, now waiting 1 week for estimate which I have to pay, the power company will have to move line another 2-4 weeks...this is at least a 4-6 week delay. Thanks so much to The Villages when you built for your greed!!
Old 07-28-2020, 07:22 AM

We installed a pool after building our house. We considered several companies and ultimately chose T&D. They have more experience having built more pools in TV. It took a while to get the initial appointment (September is good). We completed the design work with their assistance and signed the contract which included a completion date. Work began immediately and the pool was completed two weeks early. Work was done on our pool every day except those days we waited for concrete to set. There were no delays which we were told were common when using other companies.
Our pool is now 4 years old. T&D has responded quickly to all issues relating to the pool.
We could probably have saved some money but we could not have a better pool or had a better experience during the processing. We recommend T&D.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:32 AM

Due to covid, everyone wants a pool. No matter who you go with, they are going to be backlogged. If someone can start on your pool immediately, I would be very concerned about how good they are. Do a lot of research on any company you want to get an estimate from.

I had an interesting situation - already had installed a large (1,300 sq ft) birdcage, and then covered 3/4 of it with Sunshine awnings canvas hurricane cover. We then decided to put a pool in, but didn't want to demolish what was in.

I called 10 pool companies (including T&D), and 6 came over to actually look at the project. In the end, I only received 2 estimates as most pool companies wanted to tear down the existing birdcage and cover and put up a new one. Only Premier Pools of Central Florida and Waterman Pools felt confident to do the work.

In the end, I went with Premier Pools of Central Florida. The estimates were about the same, but Premier did a better job of quoting quality equipment - an oversized salt cell, oversized filter, etc,

I liked Fiesta, but they didn't seem to have the knowledge necessary for full automation.

Our pool was completed in 2 months, and they did an incredible job with no damage to the birdcage or covering! One of my friends just bought a new home in the Fenney area, and they are putting in a pool. They got quotes from T&D and Premier. Not only was Premier $30K less on the estimate, but the equipment and automation quoted was better. T&D had an undersized filter, and the automation was from 5 years ago. When specific questions were asked as to why, they had no answers, but offered to upgrade the quote for additional $$.

Just my 2 cents - but if you get an estimate from T&D make sure you get one from Premier or Waterman. Premier and Waterman have the highest consumer ratings in central Florida. Once you get them, compare the equipment being supplied.
Old 07-28-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,484 Times in 1,900 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Many years ago we elected to "get in line" and wait for T&D.

Excellent results with quality and workmanship and equipment at every level.

A little more expensive....but worth it.

Be cautious of those who will fit you in earlier. They may start and do some work to get started then wait in line for when subs are available. End result....waiting anyway!!
Well said. I am a huge fan of well run and responsible businesses and T&D wins the prize in many areas. They are skilled, they have an amazing design staff (Vera is skilled and extremely qualified in many, many, many ways) They are organized, hard working and just plain NICE PEOPLE. They follow up, they are patient, they are great at picking and advancing fine people to work for them. They are worth the wait and the extra cost.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pool and tree looking nice.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	85466  
Old 07-28-2020, 08:35 AM

The salesman from fiesta came out, sent me a quote asked if I had any changes. I replied back with some changes and emailed him 4 times, called the office and complained he was not responding and they never got back to me at. All. Good riddance if that is how they do business.
Old 07-28-2020, 11:08 AM

T and D installed our natural look pool with waterfall, slide, and hot tub 15 years ago and have maintained it since then. FANTASTIC and I wouldn't let anyone else touch it!
Old 07-28-2020, 02:18 PM

Blue Moon did a great job for us. Super customer service. (352) 901-8059 Ask for Chris
Old 07-28-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I would only make one call — T&D Pool and Spa (352-748-3987).

Be prepared to wait awhile. Their construction backlog has been several months, reportedly even longer after The Villages closed the rec center pools. But there’s a reason why you’ll have to wait. First, once they start your project, they’re out working every day until your project is completed. They pride themselves on never having had a dissatisfied customer. Think about that.

I’ve had T&D do several major projects, Expanding my birdcage, building a pour-over spa, then building a summer kitchen and another birdcage expansion. When they finished the big spa project they even sent a landscaping crew out to re-sod the areas of my lawn which were damaged by the construction traffic. I didn’t expect that and my lawn looked better after they finished than before they started. On a couple of occasions things didn’t turn out exactly as expected and in both cases T&D made corrections at their expense and with no argument or hard feelings.

I’ve made this recommendation to several friends and neighbors. Most hired T&D. But the couple that weren’t willing to wait and hired someone else did come back to me admitting that they had made a huge mistake. One was my next door neighbor who finally hired T&D to come out and substantially re-build the faulty pump, filter and pool valve design installed by the original contractor. That original company finally wouldn’t even take his calls, refusing any corrective action at all.

As I’ve said, make only one call — T&D Pool and Spa. By they way, hire their pool service division to maintain your pool once it’s finished. They’re equally good.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Add Yandle's Splash Time Pools in Ocala to your list.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlecat View Post
Fiesta pool was getting close to starting construction. Company sent out to check for utilities, etc.Unfortunately, The Villages when they built did things cheap. I was under the impression that utilities were put in the easement...not so.Electrical cable running diagonally thru the backyard Power company has been here to see what has to be done, now waiting 1 week for estimate which I have to pay, the power company will have to move line another 2-4 weeks...this is at least a 4-6 week delay. Thanks so much to The Villages when you built for your greed!!
Had same issue, power company was ok to deal with. Subcontractor tried to get me to pay him $200. said job was more than power company said. Asked him if I should call company to see, all of a sudden was not a problem. Be careful of people, not all are honest. We used Wiseman, great job!
Old 08-03-2020, 06:51 PM
Veteran member

We met with Fiesta Pools this afternoon and will be getting a quote in the next several days. Right now they are booking installs for next April. That is how busy all the pool companies are!

kathy
Old 08-03-2020, 08:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,873 Times in 2,683 Posts

T & D all the way. It's worth the wait. We abut a wildlife preserve and our pool build started right after hurricane Irma. After digging about 2 feet down, T & D hit the high water table. I thought it would be impossible to put in a pool when they had to dig down about another 8 feet below the water table. What they did to get our pool in was absolutely incredible. We love the pool T & D miraculously built for us. Waiting 6 months to have something built by the best, that will last you for the rest of your life, is well worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	pool.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	85596  
Old 08-04-2020, 04:12 AM
Veteran member

Had a quote from Fiesta end of 2019.. Had to pay the birdcage separate and one other contractor. They would not hook up the gas heater and I had to get my own landscaping and sprinkler work done. Went with T&D. They including everything and one schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
Deb, did Fiesta Pool get ARC approval for you and whatever else is involved in constructing a pool, the birdcage, etc?
It's great that you are happy with the outcome. How did you decide on Fiesta over other companies you may have considered?
Please feel free to PM me if you wish.
Thank you
Old 08-04-2020, 11:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikearoni View Post
Deb, did Fiesta Pool get ARC approval for you and whatever else is involved in constructing a pool, the birdcage, etc.
Fiesta takes care of permits and ARC approval. As for "whatever else is involved", I haven't seen the detailed quote yet. Stay tuned!

k.
Closed Thread

Tags
fit, appointment, september, post, recommendations

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.