Tire Choice and Total Car Care

Closed Thread
Old 12-11-2018, 02:28 PM
Thumbs down Tire Choice and Total Car Care

If you are considering buying new tires or having work done on your car, I would not recommend Tire Choice and Total Car Care, situated at 280 Colony Blvd., in The Villages. My husband went there for a complimentary check up on the tires he had purchased in May of this year. At that time, they gave him a lifetime warranty for the tires in the amount of $224.95. Does this make sense for an individual that does not drive his car more than 1000 miles per year, with a vehicle that has only 66,000 miles and it is 15 years old. This time, he asked for an oil change and asked if they would check his rear tire. They told him he needed a rear stabilizer and he agreed to the service. However, they proceeded to install 2 radiator hoses, flush the transmission, change a valve on the cooling system and several other items at a cost of $858.70. When my son went to confront them as to why they did all this without a breakdown of services or cost, the Manager, Richard Silvestro said "I already have your money so what are you going to do about it". He gave no reason as to why he did the work except to say, my husband agreed, which he does not recall giving them permission.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,617 Times in 5,196 Posts

Tire Choice is well known on this site for ripping people off. However, Florida law requires the shop to have written permission to do work on your car. If you paid for the work without written permission, then you can just dispute the credit card charge and not pay for it. If you didn't pay with a credit card, then, I would strongly recommend that you never ever have car repair work done without using a credit card. I don't like Tire Choice, but I do think they follow the law with respect to getting written permission before performing repair work. I don't think they would do that much work without something in writing.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:23 PM

There have been many terrible stories about Tire Chioce. They are known ripoff artists, but people keep going there. They tried to rip me off a couple of years ago. My advice stay away from there.
Closed Thread

Tags
car, tire, tires, year, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.