Top Seal Roofing Roofing Systems

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2020, 10:09 AM
Default Top Seal Roofing Roofing Systems

Has anyone had experience with Top Seal Roofing Systems of Central Florida? The owner Mike Roush seems professional but we are unable to find any info (via internet searches) on him or the company. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-07-2020, 02:35 PM

Our neighbor had them replace her roof and she recommended them to us. Have an appointment next week for them to check our roof. Also they repaired the roof of another neighbor on our street. They're big push was to work to get the homeowner insurance company to pay for all or a portion of the cost if they find damage that should be covered. I REALLY would like to hear from other people who have used this company before I sign on the dotted line. Sounds "too good to be true" and we all know how that phrase ends.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,121 Times in 2,237 Posts

OP, there was another thread on roofing, but I will provide caution here: NEVER, NEVER, sign a Assignment of Benefits agreement with the roofer, once you do this you are NO longer in control of the project, and all decisions are made by the contractor. I would be very cautious of anyone soliciting business. If you are concerned about your roof, have a home inspector (I have used Frank DeAngelo, he is very good) to look at the roof. This will give you an independent assessment of the condition of your roof. If he finds problems, then contact your insurance company, and see who THEY have experience dealing with. Also, check with the BBB abd seniors against crime before signing contract.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2020, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OP, there was another thread on roofing, but I will provide caution here: NEVER, NEVER, sign a Assignment of Benefits agreement with the roofer, once you do this you are NO longer in control of the project, and all decisions are made by the contractor. I would be very cautious of anyone soliciting business. If you are concerned about your roof, have a home inspector (I have used Frank DeAngelo, he is very good) to look at the roof. This will give you an independent assessment of the condition of your roof. If he finds problems, then contact your insurance company, and see who THEY have experience dealing with. Also, check with the BBB abd seniors against crime before signing contract.
Hope this helps.
I agree, but I would have said never, never, not ever, like Clark Howard would. But, I also wonder why reputable insurance companies allow contractors to rip off their customers by getting them to sign their benefits and rights away. And, I don't understand how the insurance company benefits from this process.
Old 02-10-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Our neighbor had them replace her roof and she recommended them to us. Have an appointment next week for them to check our roof. Also they repaired the roof of another neighbor on our street. They're big push was to work to get the homeowner insurance company to pay for all or a portion of the cost if they find damage that should be covered. I REALLY would like to hear from other people who have used this company before I sign on the dotted line. Sounds "too good to be true" and we all know how that phrase ends.
In my previous post I said I had an appointment with them for this week. The rep that I had called, based on the recommendation of a neighbor, said he no longer works for Top Seal, but now works for "A CROWN" which is a Jacksonville company now also operating out of Ocala. That company has an A+ rating with the BBB. He said they only help you deal with your insurance company, but you deal directly with "A Crown" for the contract and payment like any other roofing company.

After getting on the roof of our house (which is about 20 years old) and doing an inspection, he indicated that shingles are good for another couple of years and show no signs of any damage or structural problems. So obviously there was no push to get me to sell me something I didn't need.

So all and all, I have had a positive experience with this project manager who used to work for Top Seal. If you want to contact him, his name is AJ Salois and his phone number is (352) 321-1430. Tell him the guy he almost gave a ladder to as a gift recommended him
Closed Thread

Tags
roofing, top, seal, systems, feedback

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.