Transportation from TV to Ft Lauderdale cruiseport

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Default Transportation from TV to Ft Lauderdale cruiseport

I’m sure this question has been asked before but my Search doesn’t seem to be working.

I need to get to the cruiseport at Ft. Lauderdale in December. Can anyone recommend transportation?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2018, 09:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I need to get to the cruiseport at Ft. Lauderdale in December. Can anyone recommend transportation?
Yankee Trails runs a daily bus from Bealls on 441. Leaves around 6.00 and gets there around 11.00 but check their website.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

The last time I left Ft Lauderdale on a cruise, I rented an intermediate size car (wound up getting a Lincoln) for one day from Budget. I picked it up at their Leesburg office (code=LE8) and dropped it off at their Port Everglades Cruise Shuttle office (code=EV3). Cost was less than $50. I dropped the wife and luggage off at the ship. Went to Budget (about 15 minutes away) and dropped off the car. Took their shuttle back to the ship. Fairly easy.

A few points... I had to get a ride to Leesburg to pick up the car the afternoon before the cruise. We had to leave early in the morning on the day of the cruise. I had to do the driving to the cruise. I paid with a credit card that allows me to turn down the CDW on the rental (saves about $30).
Old 08-29-2018, 10:38 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
I’m sure this question has been asked before but my Search doesn’t seem to be working.

Thanks!
Mary and I take the Cruise Connection Route #3 which leaves from Denny's in front of Spanish Plaines. The cost is $100 per person round trip. We are using this service on Dec 22nd. We've always been satisfied. Len
Old 08-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

We use Yankee Trails and have used Cruise Connection, both are very good. We prefer Yankee Trails 's rest stops on the way down and back. We used to rent a car and drive, but it got "old" and we prefer to ride.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-29-2018, 02:34 PM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
We use Yankee Trails and have used Cruise Connection, both are very good. We prefer Yankee Trails 's rest stops on the way down and back. We used to rent a car and drive, but it got "old" and we prefer to ride.
Amen to not driving. Cruise connections has rest stops too.
Old 08-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Platinum member

Thank you all for your advice. I knew I’d get good info from you great folks!
Old 08-29-2018, 05:36 PM

We used Yankee Trails earlier this year. Left the car for 14 days at Rural King in Leesburg in a designated area with absolutely no problems. Nice bus, friendly and helpful driver, rest stops AND Wifi !! Dropped off right at the ship. Couldn't ask for anything more. And it was nice not to have to worry about the drive, especially at the end of the cruise.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

My apologies to the OP for going off subject, but I just got into Yankee Trails site and looked through their day trips. They are doing some new and very interesting day trips. One especially jumped out at me .... The Chalk Festival in Venice. I had no idea there was a Chalk Festival in Florida.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 08-30-2018, 07:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Suggestion

We use Yankee Trails. We have used them many times and they are very good. They will call you when they are on the way to pick you up. They have been on times and the Van has been comfortable.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Where do these buses leave passengers off?
Ship side to check luggage on board?

How about the logistics after the cruise; where do they meet/pickup.

We drive down the night before; relax, etc.
Drop off ship side is easy enough; park the car.
Then after the cruise, go to garage, load luggage...on our way.......don't have to wait for anybody.

The cost of parking is comparable to cost of taking the bus......so for us it is all about convenience....which is of course relative to each persons druthers.

I can see as we get oldER the possibility of taking the bus. We, especially me, do not "herd" well.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Where do these buses leave passengers off? Ship side to check luggage on board? How about the logistics after the cruise; where do they meet/pickup.
Yes, they drop off right where the luggage handlers are. Of course, if there are several ships in then you might not be the first to be dropped off, but it is generally very efficient.

For post-cruise pick-up, you are given a colored sticker to wear and a time to meet the bus. Again, will be right by the exit from customs/immigration. If you give them a phone number they will "remind" you of the time that morning.
Closed Thread

Tags
cruiseport, transportation, lauderdale, working, december

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.