Trouble finding a repair or replacement for a 20 year old Broan Lanai Kitchen Fan

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2023, 02:24 PM
Default Trouble finding a repair or replacement for a 20 year old Broan Lanai Kitchen Fan

This has been going on for 3 years now, aggravated by the pandemic. No repair in sight. Our 20 year old high volume Broan BBQ lanai kitchen fan (outdoors) has failed. I called every lanai kitchen builder/remodeler in the greater Villages area. Nobody wants to touch a repair. Called electricians, they don't want to touch it and point me back at the remodelers. I had a lot of contact with Broan. First they said they didn't have it, then they said they had a replacement. Shipped to a wholesaler in Ocala. It didn't fit. We did find a guy willing to replace the unit if we could source it. I went on line to fan motor websites, and every one of them says "discontinued" and there are no suggestions for a replacement. Nobody has the parts, nobody wants to work on it, unless we do a whole $20k tear down and remodel. The Big Box Boys don't have a comparable or suitable part, nor even a suitable looking full hood/fan replacement option. Anybody have a similar unit installed on their 20 year old Villages house in an outdoor kitchen lanai setting? How did you solve this problem? See photos.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230303_115740.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	97218   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230226_150122.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	97219   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20230226_150133.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	97220  
Closed Thread

Tags
replacement, lanai, kitchen, broan, year

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.