Trouble with AT&T Cellular

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2023, 10:07 PM
Default Trouble with AT&T Cellular

I recently had a poor experience at the AT&T store in Brownwood. I went there to switch carriers to AT&T, primarily to get new devices at a discount. My actual monthly bill ended up being materially higher than what the sales rep quoted me. I went back to the store to inquire, a second sales rep identified some issues with my bill, and stated the manager would address them, and that my ongoing bill would be what the first sales rep quoted. Subsequently, AT&T debited my account for the higher billed amount. I went back to the store a third time, and spoke with the manager. The manager stated that my ongoing bill was going to be higher than what the two previous reps had told me, and that I should be happy with the higher billing amount because it was a good deal. He was unwilling to help me further, and stated that I could switch to another carrier, but that I would have to pay off the devices I received at full price.

Also, shortly after obtaining service with AT&T, I started receiving numerous spam emails. I was notified by AT&T that unauthorized person(s) had gained access to my “Customer Proprietary Network Information”.

Has anyone else in the forum experienced issues with this AT&T location?
Old 03-24-2023, 10:10 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,961 Times in 752 Posts

Read the contract B4 you commit and sign. We had a similar issue with Verizon and just walked away.
Old 03-24-2023, 11:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

In one way or another sooner or later I believe you will find that they all will disappoint you. Xfinity is now hitting me with internet offers that are not available to an existing customer so I'm going to be leaving them when my contract is over in June. I thought they finally had their act together but are turning into a smaller version of Verizon. They all suck. Just give me a price I'll pay the bill early and leave me alone. A COMMUNICATION COMPANY...XFINITY said it will take 30 days to turn off the texts and emails I'm getting each day where new people pay exactly half of what I pay. It's 2023, not 1923 they should be able to do it instantly.

I turned off the advertisements in 5 minutes after I hung up with them.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighterrant View Post
I recently had a poor experience at the AT&T store in Brownwood. I went there to switch carriers to AT&T, primarily to get new devices at a discount. My actual monthly bill ended up being materially higher than what the sales rep quoted me. I went back to the store to inquire, a second sales rep identified some issues with my bill, and stated the manager would address them, and that my ongoing bill would be what the first sales rep quoted. Subsequently, AT&T debited my account for the higher billed amount. I went back to the store a third time, and spoke with the manager. The manager stated that my ongoing bill was going to be higher than what the two previous reps had told me, and that I should be happy with the higher billing amount because it was a good deal. He was unwilling to help me further, and stated that I could switch to another carrier, but that I would have to pay off the devices I received at full price.

Also, shortly after obtaining service with AT&T, I started receiving numerous spam emails. I was notified by AT&T that unauthorized person(s) had gained access to my “Customer Proprietary Network Information”.

Has anyone else in the forum experienced issues with this AT&T location?
They are not a Att run store, they are a sub carriers.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,496 Times in 3,100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
In one way or another sooner or later I believe you will find that they all will disappoint you. Xfinity is now hitting me with internet offers that are not available to an existing customer so I'm going to be leaving them when my contract is over in June. I thought they finally had their act together but are turning into a smaller version of Verizon. They all suck. Just give me a price I'll pay the bill early and leave me alone. A COMMUNICATION COMPANY...XFINITY said it will take 30 days to turn off the texts and emails I'm getting each day where new people pay exactly half of what I pay. It's 2023, not 1923 they should be able to do it instantly.

I turned off the advertisements in 5 minutes after I hung up with them.
I did what I always do, every year:
I called Xfinity the month before my contract ended. I told them I see there are new contracts available, that will net me the same price that I'm paying now. I'd like to enjoy that same price that everyone else can get, so let's go ahead and make that happen.

They try and upsell me, I politely decline and thank them for pointing out those options. They cancel my current contract and give me a new one, effective immediately, at the same price that I've been paying for the past three years, expiring a year from now.

It takes around one hour, every year, to do this. I'm willing to waste an hour to stay with the most reliable internet option in my area at the same price I've been paying for the past three years.

As for phone service, I have AT&T also. I buy older phones, I don't include them on payment plans or in contracts, my plan is a "bring your own" on a Family plan with limited data. We never hit that limit, so we get a decent deal. I think we can do better but beloved spouse is comfortable with the plan we have and doesn't take well to change.

We were charged extra for certain things at one point, and I called them and after a couple of hours of being frustrated finally got in touch with someone who could make decisions. They did so, and a month later those charges were removed and we were credited for the overbilling in the previous two months.
Old 03-25-2023, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,670 Times in 5,225 Posts

Every independent professional review of the nationwide cellular networks I have read for the past 20 years or so has rated Verizon as the best overall network. I don't understand why the other networks cannot catch up with Verizon. But, until they do, I would never use any cell phone provider that doesn't use the Verizon network.
Closed Thread

Tags
at&t, higher, bill, stated, sales

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.