Tru Grit Coatings or Liquid Floors or Tim Miller???

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 12:01 PM
Location: 2769 Lyall Loop, The Villages, FL 32163. Village of Fenney

What about off gassing ? ( in relationship to health)
Old 01-28-2020, 02:01 PM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

are their materials epoxy ? i see many jobs using h & c conc stains here ( sher-wms bought h & c ). if epoxy, solvent OR water based ?
solvent's the best impo
Old 01-28-2020, 07:43 PM

This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know how our garages vent air up there to remain a bit cooler or not accummulate humidity and mold in summer?
Old 01-28-2020, 09:15 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default Ladder

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
What's wrong with the ladder, he installed mine 9 years ago and still going strong. I got the aluminum ladder and 100 sf of plywood flooring in the attic all for $290. Did you get the wooden ladder?
YES, it's a flimsy narrow aluminum ladder with very narrow rungs. My fault, I hired them for the floor (which again is FIRST rate), and they offered the ladder for under 300 bucks. I never questioned quality or specs on ladder .. My fault. First time I used it I did not feel safe on it, much less to cart stuff up and down for storage.. I should have shopped that separately
Old 01-29-2020, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
This is a bit off topic, but does anyone know how our garages vent air up there to remain a bit cooler or not accummulate humidity and mold in summer?
I have the pull down steps and would crack open the attic access door about 6", just stick a box in the there to hold it open. We have the horizontal screens on the garage door and you could stand right below the attic opening and feel air going up. However, fires often start in the garage and by having that open, a fire will immediately spread up into the attic and the whole house will be a goner. My electric bills are under $90 a month with SECO, so I'm not concerned about them, just don't put anything in the attic that heat can ruin.

Normal cooling is the air flow up through the soffit vents and out the top through the ridge vents. You can add an extra fans to suck the air upward, but I don't know if they pay off and some say that will void your shingle warranty.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
YES, it's a flimsy narrow aluminum ladder with very narrow rungs. My fault, I hired them for the floor (which again is FIRST rate), and they offered the ladder for under 300 bucks. I never questioned quality or specs on ladder .. My fault. First time I used it I did not feel safe on it, much less to cart stuff up and down for storage.. I should have shopped that separately
He must of switched to something cheaper. The one he installed in my garage is very sturdy and I've been using it for years with no problem.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by E Cascade View Post
The GF-14 Garage Fan and Attic Cooler - Buy Direct
Closed Thread

Tags
tru, grit, comments, related, miller

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.