Tuscanny Spa and Salon

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Default Tuscanny Spa and Salon

I received a wonderful facial this morning. But I do have a few complaints about the way things are handled there. Tuscanny gives you a list of rules as a customer that you need to adhere to in their spa. I'm all for it.However, they need a few rules of their own for staff:
1. When I am paying for a service, like a facial or massage, DO NOT try to sell me the products you are using WHILE I am trying to relax and enjoy my $$$ service! Belk does this for free! I understand you would like to sell your products. Please talk about these before or after the service NEVER during the service.
2. You want the customer to talk in a quiet voice. I'm all for it. However, employees during their down time (I assume) should not be in the hall areas laughing , talking loudly, and making a racket! It again, messes up, what should be a quiet, relaxing ... And did I mention ...$$$time!

That is all...
Old 01-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I agree but did you express these thoughts/feelings to management before you left the establishment? That is the time to vent! Nothing wrong with letting others know but they cannot correct the situation if they do not know their customers thoughts.
Old 01-10-2015, 05:21 PM

yes I did!
Old 01-10-2015, 07:27 PM
Gold member

That's good. They need to know. I guess the fact that they give rules to customers is not customer friendly to me. Train the customer? Train the personal.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGirl View Post
yes I did!
And what did management say?
Old 01-10-2015, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

were the rules written? Handed to you? Posted on the wall?
Did you do anything that would warrant them citing rules to you?

My wife is a regular there; I wil have to ask her when I get back to town.
Old 01-11-2015, 12:53 PM

Billethkid, it's on all of their brochures! That's not the point here. Rules are fine! During my entire service, I was being pitched to for a sale of products.rather than the experience of the service. Pitch me before or AFTER the service, not during! And the experience was minimalized with the loud laughter, and such in the halls. The rules ask that you speak in a low tone. This should also include employees. Just saying...
Old 01-11-2015, 02:23 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

So what did they say when you complained? I also would find that disturbing as a spa like environment should be calming and as quiet as possible.
Old 01-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Sage

I hope they read these comments before I go for my facial. I would be livid. The service they are selling is a relaxing and refreshing experience. Engaging you and your attention during the time is a big no no. I would not hesitate to interrupt the pitch and ask that we speak about it after my facial.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:01 PM
Platinum member

The entire experience should be quiet and peaceful. THIS is the purpose of a spa!
Old 01-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhdleo View Post
I agree but did you express these thoughts/feelings to management before you left the establishment? That is the time to vent! Nothing wrong with letting others know but they cannot correct the situation if they do not know their customers thoughts.
I don't know about this spa situation, but often, telling the manager means you're talking to a person right in the middle of the disturbance or or neglect of the customer, and you might as well vent to the floor.

When that's the case, all that changes is that next time (if you go back), you're treated like Public Enemy #1.

If the manager is right there, being part of the problem, they're not going to report themselves to their superior to ask for more rules for staff, too.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.