TV repair person

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Default TV repair person

We have a television in need of repair. Has anyone used Bob's TV service and repair? Is there someone you have used and would recommend?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:22 PM

Today's TVs are disposable. By the time you pay a repairman to bench the TV and tell you what's wrong you can already be walking away with a new one from Best Buy. With today's technology & TV prices it makes no sense to call the TV guy, unless you've got money you'd like to throw away.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:57 AM

We moved here in year 2000. Right after we moved in our tv started giving us trouble with the picture. I didn't know who to call back then so I took a chance and called bobs tv. They came out and took it to the shop and fixed it. That was 13 years ago and it still operates now as good as it ever did. I think that tells you something about how good bobs tv is. I would highly recommend bobs.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

I agree... I would just buy a new one. The old rules don't seem to be cost effective for modern electronics due to the cost of repair versus a buying a new replacement.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:46 PM

I too was looking for a TV repair person. At first, I was told Bob's was the only place around that worked on TVs. I was then given the name of Jack Vigford. He is a Village of LaReynalda resident. He does TVs and computers. He did the research on my issue as far as how it could be resolved and what the parts would cost, and called me back within a couple of hours with the information including what his charges would be. His research showed the fix did not always work and since it would be expensive to fix with no guarantees he did recommend I buy a new TV. He even recommended 2 places to look. I was impressed with his research and the promptness with which he got back to me. His phone # is 352-259-7400.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:48 PM
Platinum member

I took a TV to Bob's and they told me, " It would be cheaper to buy a new one".
Old 03-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to jalopy54

Yes, I think I would just get a new one. Unless it it a 3D model? Then you may want to get it repaired through the brand of TV it is.

Mickey
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.