"Up Charge Electric"

Closed Thread
Old 12-14-2020, 06:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Not haggling over 140 bucks, haggling over who on here is the real expert and enjoys trying to be superior to everyone else in addition to bashing people that work for a living......calling people they don't know "dumb, dumbs" speaks to their character.
Yes. Isn’t it lovely they trash the poor person that answers the phone? Disgusting
Old 12-15-2020, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts
Default Mistakes?

I do wonder about people who insist on calling others stupid. My view a weak self opinion likely justified.
We all make mistakes.
Perhaps of some help to someone. Our vacuum started to regularly blow the circuit breaker. I looked it over and saw nothing wrong.
All else fails read the instructions. It seems, had I read the instructions there are TWO FILTERS. If, I recall one is SUPPOSED to be cleaned every month and the other replaced every six months. The vacuum was ONLY EIGHT YEARS OLD and neither had been done in eight years. We all make mistakes. Of course I've not done either in about a year.
Moral of the story. A rush will cost you. Relax, look it up, think about WHEN AND WHY.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:40 AM

I am the OP here...FYI, the rest of the story...I asked what it would cost and they said they need to check out the problem first. I do know how to reset a breaker, it would not reset so I thought it had failed and would need to be replaced. The charge was a actually $160 before " generous" 10% discount for living in The Villages. To be fair, he flipped the switch and it worked and he removed the panel cover and said everything looked fine. I did call they asked what I thought I should have been charged and I said $100 seemed fair. Have not heard from them again so far.
Old 12-16-2020, 08:56 AM
Default In Charge Electric

For those of you who think this was fair, be sure to call this company next time you have an electrical problem... here's the phone number
352-350-7878, ask for Kathy!

Tags
charge, breaker, electric, residents, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.