USA Today delivery

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2011, 06:22 PM
Platinum member
Default USA Today delivery

I'm thinking about subscribing to USA Today. Does anyone in the Villages subscribe to it? If so, what time of day is it delivered? Is there another paper worth subscribing to other than The Daily Sun which I already get. The Daily Sun is a cute paper for The Villages but sometimes I need to know more about the happenings elsewhere.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

I subscribed for a while (it does come in the morning), but I subsequently opted instead for home delivery of the Orlando Sentinel. It's out there in the driveway with the Daily Sun, long before I get up.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hannon View Post
I'm thinking about subscribing to USA Today. Does anyone in the Villages subscribe to it? If so, what time of day is it delivered? Is there another paper worth subscribing to other than The Daily Sun which I already get. The Daily Sun is a cute paper for The Villages but sometimes I need to know more about the happenings elsewhere.
i used to get usa today delivered . now i get it free on my i pad. great app, it even updates itself throughout the day.
Old 05-07-2011, 11:32 AM

Hey Tom !

I echo your comments. The Daily Sun wears off after a few weeks. Decided not to subsidize the villages advertising organ. I get the Wall Street Journal for real honest news, national and international. I long ago grew disgusted at USA Today and unless I received a free one at my hotel of the day I never read it. I get my WSJ early in the AM. I think it is delivered by the Orlando paper person. I had a small amount of frequent flyer miles a few months ago and they offered several publications to burn some of them off. The WSJ was one so I have a 2 year subscription and about 1 -2 times a month I may buy a Daily Sun which only reminds me why I stopped their delivery.
Old 05-07-2011, 01:52 PM

If you want to purchase USA Today on an infrequent basis it's available at your neighborhood mail distribution site.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:42 PM
Veteran member
Default I am a cheap sk8

NOT what you asked.....BUT ...for those of y'all who can not stand to miss all the LOCAL news from where we used to live...you can go to www.aol.com and at the bottom right of home page.....you can plug in your OLD zip code and get all the news you used to care about.....before we moved to the world's finest retirement community.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.