Village Golf Carts Beware of Service Dept.

Village Golf Carts Beware of Service Dept.

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-14-2019, 08:08 PM
Platinum member

Have bought three carts from Villages (Sumter) over last 7 yrs. No maintenance issues on any of them. Service department fine, except for delays in scheduling during "snow bird season".

Real Funny
Old 01-15-2019, 08:52 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs down Real Funny

I took my cart into Sumter Landing for some batteries and their check up, etc. Picked it up and was walking out with the bill receipt and noticed I was charged for Oil change, etc. I am not a mechanic but even with my very limited mechanical abilities I know that you don't change the oil on an electric cart. Went back in and asked for the Supervisor and he said he was sorry and that I should not have been charged for an oil change. His explaintation was the mechanics had a "code" they used to charge and they used the wrong code. Oop's. No problem as I sold him a bridge in Brooklyn and we were even.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2019, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
Word of caution about The Villages Golf Cars in Brownwood. I took my gas cart there last week for my annual service. Technician called and said I needed a new battery and he would install one for $115. Since the battery I have is less than 2 years old, I said "no don't put in a new one" he said, "I'll put one in ok?" I repeated NO!Today I removed the battery and took it to Sams Club to purchase a new one, but the tech said let's test it first. The battery passed all tests with flying colors and they assured me I didn't need a new one. Today I called and spoke with Brian who is in charge at Goedkins. He shucked and jived and made excuses why their tester was better and maybe this maybe that,etc I had already spent 3 hours on this issue today ( I am not retired), so I got fed up and said I no longer had faith in them and likely would not do business there. He said yeah ok. Good customer service (not). So be careful of getting the shyster treatment there. I'm done with them.
They have been good so far on my five visits, and the prices were good. Batteries are not made to last very long in the heat in FL.
Old 02-19-2019, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Word of caution about The Villages Golf Cars in Brownwood. I took my gas cart there last week for my annual service. Technician called and said I needed a new battery and he would install one for $115. Since the battery I have is less than 2 years old, I said "no don't put in a new one" he said, "I'll put one in ok?" I repeated NO!Today I removed the battery and took it to Sams Club to purchase a new one, but the tech said let's test it first. The battery passed all tests with flying colors and they assured me I didn't need a new one. Today I called and spoke with Brian who is in charge at Goedkins. He shucked and jived and made excuses why their tester was better and maybe this maybe that,etc I had already spent 3 hours on this issue today ( I am not retired), so I got fed up and said I no longer had faith in them and likely would not do business there. He said yeah ok. Good customer service (not). So be careful of getting the shyster treatment there. I'm done with them.
I understand your story. We had a similar situation. Our cart was diagnosed with needing a new battery and bushings. My husband was a little cautious and called another service company who came directly to our home. It turned out there was nothing wrong with either item and he felt there was no reason to charge me for a service call. I’ll
Old 02-19-2019, 10:28 PM

My experience with the Brownwood location has been top shelf....however I was only in the area for a total of two weeks...and...it was not service related.

Long story short - they provided me with a cart for three days for my visitor....no charge - during snow bird season. That’s the best customer service ever!
Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Great experiences @ BW for me.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Great experiences @ BW for me.
Same here. Bought new in 2014, and have taken it in for annual service since then, not to mention a few add-on's. I've never experienced anything but great service and customer support.
Yeah...that's not true....
Old 02-20-2019, 08:02 AM

Default Yeah...that's not true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The batteries for gas golf carts seem to have a lifespan of 4-5 years, YMMV. When there is a delay in starting (after you depress the accelerator), then the battery needs replacing. If you have a Striker speedometer/odometer, there is a low voltage light that will flash when the battery is getting weak. If you have a Yamaha gas cart, they take a group 24 battery. You should be able to pick those up at any number of locations.
a delay in starting can be the starter switch, or accelerator switch. It sure wasn't the battery when mine had a delay for over 4 years...replaced the battery...same delay.

Not everyone here knows of what they speak.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 AM

Battery testers are NOT what they were years ago. Worked on cars and tried many different ones, sometimes failed the battery sometimes all was good. I put no faith in a tester.
Local Carts
Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Default Local Carts

Quote:
REPLY:
Three years ago, I nearly bought a cart from them. Actually, i caught them in 3 shoddy deals and did not buy their slangy cart. So bought electric from out of state, and it is great. Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no service required for at least two years on electric. According to mobile cart guys, 2 different ones told me that.

Tags
battery, service, today, called, put