Village Golf Carts Beware of Service Dept.

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Great experiences @ BW for me.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Great experiences @ BW for me.
Same here. Bought new in 2014, and have taken it in for annual service since then, not to mention a few add-on's. I've never experienced anything but great service and customer support.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Yeah...that's not true....

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
The batteries for gas golf carts seem to have a lifespan of 4-5 years, YMMV. When there is a delay in starting (after you depress the accelerator), then the battery needs replacing. If you have a Striker speedometer/odometer, there is a low voltage light that will flash when the battery is getting weak. If you have a Yamaha gas cart, they take a group 24 battery. You should be able to pick those up at any number of locations.
a delay in starting can be the starter switch, or accelerator switch. It sure wasn't the battery when mine had a delay for over 4 years...replaced the battery...same delay.

Not everyone here knows of what they speak.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:33 AM

Battery testers are NOT what they were years ago. Worked on cars and tried many different ones, sometimes failed the battery sometimes all was good. I put no faith in a tester.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:20 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Local Carts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
Word of caution about The Villages Golf Cars in Brownwood. I took my gas cart there last week for my annual service. Technician called and said I needed a new battery and he would install one for $115. Since the battery I have is less than 2 years old, I said "no don't put in a new one" he said, "I'll put one in ok?" I repeated NO!Today I removed the battery and took it to Sams Club to purchase a new one, but the tech said let's test it first. The battery passed all tests with flying colors and they assured me I didn't need a new one. Today I called and spoke with Brian who is in charge at Goedkins. He shucked and jived and made excuses why their tester was better and maybe this maybe that,etc I had already spent 3 hours on this issue today ( I am not retired), so I got fed up and said I no longer had faith in them and likely would not do business there. He said yeah ok. Good customer service (not). So be careful of getting the shyster treatment there. I'm done with them.
REPLY:
Three years ago, I nearly bought a cart from them. Actually, i caught them in 3 shoddy deals and did not buy their slangy cart. So bought electric from out of state, and it is great. Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no service required for at least two years on electric. According to mobile cart guys, 2 different ones told me that.
Old 02-20-2019, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawnwy123 View Post
REPLY:
Three years ago, I nearly bought a cart from them. Actually, i caught them in 3 shoddy deals and did not buy their slangy cart. So bought electric from out of state, and it is great. Also,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no service required for at least two years on electric. According to mobile cart guys, 2 different ones told me that.
What is a slangy cart?
Old 02-20-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
What is a slangy cart?
I thought they sold YAMAHA and CLUB CAR. Never heard of a Slangy Cart!
Old 02-20-2019, 06:45 PM
Default Brownwood carts

I also had a very bad experience with the service manager at Brownwood. Very dismissive of my concern that I had been overcharged, despite providing him definitive proof. When I mentioned that I bought my cart from Villages because of my belief that they had reputable service, and his actions were making me regret my choice, he said that was too bad, but it was my problem. Will be getting service elsewhere.
Old 02-20-2019, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A couple of years ago a competitor was miffed when he was no longer invited to be part of golffest. Rented a plane and flew over the event with a banner, if I remember correctly. You never know when you read something on an internet forum just who is posting and what their agenda is and whether or not what they write is exactly accurate.

Me and mine....We think well of The Villages Golf cart...sales and service.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judy n Ron View Post
Word of caution about The Villages Golf Cars in Brownwood. I took my gas cart there last week for my annual service. Technician called and said I needed a new battery and he would install one for $115. Since the battery I have is less than 2 years old, I said "no don't put in a new one" he said, "I'll put one in ok?" I repeated NO!Today I removed the battery and took it to Sams Club to purchase a new one, but the tech said let's test it first. The battery passed all tests with flying colors and they assured me I didn't need a new one. Today I called and spoke with Brian who is in charge at Goedkins. He shucked and jived and made excuses why their tester was better and maybe this maybe that,etc I had already spent 3 hours on this issue today ( I am not retired), so I got fed up and said I no longer had faith in them and likely would not do business there. He said yeah ok. Good customer service (not). So be careful of getting the shyster treatment there. I'm done with them.
$12.00 for a quart of oil never again!
Closed Thread

Tags
battery, service, today, called, put

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.