The Village Transportation. Very Disappointed

Closed Thread
Old 09-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default The Village Transportation. Very Disappointed

I have always used this service at least 4 to 6 times a year, and always had a pleasant ride. In July myself and 3 grandchildren had a taxi pick us up at our house and deliver us to LSL. Driver arrived 20 minutes late, and then told us he was taking us to Brownwood.
I informed him the shuttle driver would be waiting for us in LSL, he said he called the driver. Taxi driver was notably rude to not only me but children as well. Thank goodness we did not have luggage. When shuttle driver arrived he proceeded to chew me out that he waited in LSL and made everyone late. I tried to explain about taxi driver, but he was not hearing it. I called the office when I arrived up north, and office would have manager contact me. Two more phone calls, and nothing.

I just booked my ride back and explained the previous experience, not happy with driver, she actually laughed, and said wait for an hour take the next shuttle. What happen to customer service with them.

Are they the only game in town, or is there another service out there?
Old 09-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

We have always used a private service. Door to door, and you are the only ones in the car. You set your own time. If it's an inbound flight, they track it and are there when you need them. We travel long distances and have no patience for using multiple modes of transportation to and from the airport to and from a flight. It's a little more expensive, but if we're going to be gone for more than two weeks, that's the way we go.

I've tried to put their number on the forum before. Admin won't let the whole number show, but go here if you are interested: Private transportation to and from Orlando International
Old 09-05-2017, 04:58 PM
Platinum member

Village Airport Van - Airport Shuttle/Transportation for The Villages

picks you up at your house.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I have always used this service at least 4 to 6 times a year, and always had a pleasant ride. In July myself and 3 grandchildren had a taxi pick us up at our house and deliver us to LSL. Driver arrived 20 minutes late, and then told us he was taking us to Brownwood.
I informed him the shuttle driver would be waiting for us in LSL, he said he called the driver. Taxi driver was notably rude to not only me but children as well. Thank goodness we did not have luggage. When shuttle driver arrived he proceeded to chew me out that he waited in LSL and made everyone late. I tried to explain about taxi driver, but he was not hearing it. I called the office when I arrived up north, and office would have manager contact me. Two more phone calls, and nothing.

I just booked my ride back and explained the previous experience, not happy with driver, she actually laughed, and said wait for an hour take the next shuttle. What happen to customer service with them.

You were treated badly. Shame on them. I would have posted the name of the person who laughed at you. I would also have called back the next day and the day after that to talk to different managers.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
A second recommendation on this service. The caveat is they do pick you up at your home, however you could be the first of multiple pickups, or last of multiple drop offs. Consequently, you might get picked up very early for a flight, and "enjoy" riding through the various villages before heading to the airport. This might or might not be feasible for those with children traveling with them.

The driver usually calls the night before to "firm up" what time they will be picking you up (the initial time is an estimate which is usually not too far off).

I can deal with the early pick ups or last drop offs, what does irritate me is when the van shows up at a house and no lights are on and the person/people are not ready to be picked up. Keep in mind that even the driver's estimate is just that. He could be early (if the people in front of you are actually ready when he gets there) or a little late if the prior pickups were not ready.

One driver even asked people if they needed a pit stop, and he pulled into one of the service areas on the turnpike for a couple.

Friendly people and I have never had an issue. For sake of full disclosure, usually the Villages service is also good and I have never had a negative customer service experience with them.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post

Another positive vote.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:44 PM

There's always Uber & Lyft if there are drivers available.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Platinum member
Default Closed

Sounds like they do not care since a new crop of victims move down every day. Bad customer service usually dooms a business.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:56 PM

I'm not completely familiar with services in the villages although I have used the airport shuttle service. Is the taxi service related to the shuttle service?
Old 09-07-2017, 04:33 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
You were treated badly. Shame on them. I would have posted the name of the person who laughed at you. I would also have called back the next day and the day after that to talk to different managers.
Get to the "OWNER" of the company. If he doesn't care then post his name and response. Word of mouth and this forum have justifiability either removed rude employees or doomed businesses that cannot operate with a successful service standard.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:45 PM
Default The Vilages van

Yes it does pick you up and take you back to the house but after being on the van nearly four hours waiting to be dropped of at my house. I will never ride with them again.
Old 12-06-2017, 12:16 PM

The Villages Transportation does not honor their contracts! On our last trip with them we paid an extra $10 for taxi ride to home. When we arrived at the shuttle at MCO at 10 pm the driver said he was told to collect another $26 cash from us because we lived on the other side of 42 from Mulberry and the taxi would be more. Our address was on the prepaid contract. Driver would not let us board until we paid the money. When we got to LSL we were not by a taxi but a shuttle that drove us around for over an hour within and outside of the Villages. I called the next morning and requested a refund on the extra money for 2 reasons 1) we had a contract and 2) we did not get our taxi even after paying $36 for one. She told me they had to drive us around to all the other stops because THEY DON'T HAVE TAXIs. What? The contract - she said they made an error but we had to pay for their error. As for the refund she would call back. They did not call back. Don't trust them just because you prepaid. In the middle of the night they will instruct their driver to not let you on the shuttle.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:20 PM
Default The Villages Transportation

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post

The exact same thing happened to us when we were leaving The Villages in June to go to the Orlando Airport. The Taxi that was suppose to pick us up at a certain time, didn't arrive, even though I had called and confirmed it the day before. After 15 minutes, I called the Villages Transportation to ask where the driver was. They said he would be there in 10 minutes...25 minutes late. He called the shuttle and said he was taking us to Brownwood and to hold the shuttle as long as they could. He raced through the Villages and caught up with the Shuttle as it was leaving the station...needless to say, the shuttle driver and the passengers were very upset about the wait.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw View Post
The exact same thing happened to us when we were leaving The Villages in June to go to the Orlando Airport. The Taxi that was suppose to pick us up at a certain time, didn't arrive, even though I had called and confirmed it the day before. After 15 minutes, I called the Villages Transportation to ask where the driver was. They said he would be there in 10 minutes...25 minutes late. He called the shuttle and said he was taking us to Brownwood and to hold the shuttle as long as they could. He raced through the Villages and caught up with the Shuttle as it was leaving the station...needless to say, the shuttle driver and the passengers were very upset about the wait.
Have always used Villages Transportation and have been 100per cent please until out last trip in September when we had the same experience. Unfortunately I will now have to seek another service as I won't tolerate this kind of uncertainty .

Hope they are listening!
Old 12-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

This is why I won't use service as long as I can drive. I leave on my own time and arrive back home on my own time.

Two times I did use the shuttle service provided by a local hotel even though I was not a guest at the hotel. I did have to pay ten bucks. It was great!
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, taxi, arrived, shuttle, lsl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.