The Village Transportation. Very Disappointed

Closed Thread
Old 12-06-2017, 03:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
You were treated badly. Shame on them. I would have posted the name of the person who laughed at you. I would also have called back the next day and the day after that to talk to different managers.
I agree with HenryK and especially since I have read your posts for years AsianThree and know you are reasonable and patient.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Have always used Villages Transportation and have been 100per cent please until out last trip in September when we had the same experience. Unfortunately I will now have to seek another service as I won't tolerate this kind of uncertainty .

Hope they are listening!
The reasons why I love our private car service... Several drivers, door to door, on time every time since we started using them in 2012, accommodates late flights & flight cancellations & rescheduling. $85, whether one or two. They brought our kids & child in for the same price. We always tip.

Jane Witte 352.406.3433.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:35 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The reasons why I love our private car service... Several drivers, door to door, on time every time since we started using them in 2012, accommodates late flights & flight cancellations & rescheduling. $85, whether one or two. They brought our kids & child in for the same price. We always tip.

Jane Witte 352.406.3433.
Tipping is a must! When we lived in Melbourne, we received numerous complaints from waitresses, etc. that the senior citizens were not generous tippers.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

We too prefer a private car service. However, on one occasion I was taking a young grandchild to the airport and had explained to the owner/driver what I was doing. He took me, and once we got there he said he would not wait for me if I waited with the child till he boarded (which is a requirement--and he knew it). So he left! Right from the airport I called Village Van Service--and they set me up on the very next van! In this regard they are extraordinarily reliable--even though most of the time we use a private service (obviously a different one...).
Old 12-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Very reliable service, but not a great option if you live in the northern part of the Villages. You will always be one of the first of many pick ups or the last of many drop offs. It can easily double the time to/from the airport. This will only get worse as the Villages continues to develope to the south. If they would offer a van service exclusively for the Northern section of the Villages, I would not hesitate to use this service.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

We have found the Villages Transportation Service to be great if someone can drop you off/pick you up at Lake Sumter. However, we have not had a good experience with their home pick up/drop off service. And they recently increased the price for this service. Private transportation or a one way car rental is the way to go if there are two or more travelers, but when traveling alone it is not cost effective.
Old 12-07-2017, 11:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I have always used this service at least 4 to 6 times a year, and always had a pleasant ride. In July myself and 3 grandchildren had a taxi pick us up at our house and deliver us to LSL. Driver arrived 20 minutes late, and then told us he was taking us to Brownwood.
I informed him the shuttle driver would be waiting for us in LSL, he said he called the driver. Taxi driver was notably rude to not only me but children as well. Thank goodness we did not have luggage. When shuttle driver arrived he proceeded to chew me out that he waited in LSL and made everyone late. I tried to explain about taxi driver, but he was not hearing it. I called the office when I arrived up north, and office would have manager contact me. Two more phone calls, and nothing.

I just booked my ride back and explained the previous experience, not happy with driver, she actually laughed, and said wait for an hour take the next shuttle. What happen to customer service with them.

Are they the only game in town, or is there another service out there?
Also had a bad experience. They don't confirm with you that you actually have a ride! In this day and age and with technology they really need to get on board with the rest of the world in 2017 and let you book via an app...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Also had a bad experience. They don't confirm with you that you actually have a ride! In this day and age and with technology they really need to get on board with the rest of the world in 2017 and let you book via an app...

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
When you use Uber you can see how good the technology of that app is. Visuals, updates, ease of payment, and follow up. So much here is manual. The Villages .net shows what's possible in a rural setting.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 01:34 PM

Haven't used this company since they abandoned me at the airport one night after coming in from a long flight from China. Called to talk with the office manager the next day and she was completely worthless. Will NEVER use them again!
Old 12-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Gold member

I've never been happy with this service, which I've used three or four times, most recently in November. I don't like the fact that after pickup in Lake Sumter, they go to Brownwood and pick up passengers there. It takes about one and one half hours or more to get to the airport. The other service, Village Airport Van is even worse. I used them in the Summer, and the trip from the airport took the normal one hour and fifteen minutes, but I was number nine of ten passengers to be dropped off, and it took longer to be dropped off than it too for the drive from the airport to TV. Total travel time was nearly three hours. While I hate paying for parking, I'll be driving to and from the airport from now on.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:13 AM
Sage
Default Our only transportation

We have had a completely different experience with Villages Transportation. We have used them exclusively for the past 4 years and have never had a problem. We like that they have a schedule they follow and we know exactly when our ride will be at the airport to pick us up. The busses are comfortable and spacious. We have booked them for several pick ups and drop offs in the coming weeks.
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We have had a completely different experience with Villages Transportation. We have used them exclusively for the past 4 years and have never had a problem. We like that they have a schedule they follow and we know exactly when our ride will be at the airport to pick us up. The busses are comfortable and spacious. We have booked them for several pick ups and drop offs in the coming weeks.

Agree. I like the absence of numerous stops as with Villages Airport Van. It’s unfortunate the names are so similar. Some confusion seems to exist between the two companies in this thread.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We also have been extremely pleased until our last trip scare when we used their pick up service and he arrived quite late
Old 12-11-2017, 09:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
I have always used this service at least 4 to 6 times a year, and always had a pleasant ride. In July myself and 3 grandchildren had a taxi pick us up at our house and deliver us to LSL. Driver arrived 20 minutes late, and then told us he was taking us to Brownwood.
I informed him the shuttle driver would be waiting for us in LSL, he said he called the driver. Taxi driver was notably rude to not only me but children as well. Thank goodness we did not have luggage. When shuttle driver arrived he proceeded to chew me out that he waited in LSL and made everyone late. I tried to explain about taxi driver, but he was not hearing it. I called the office when I arrived up north, and office would have manager contact me. Two more phone calls, and nothing.

I just booked my ride back and explained the previous experience, not happy with driver, she actually laughed, and said wait for an hour take the next shuttle. What happen to customer service with them.

Are they the only game in town, or is there another service out there?
From what you said the first driver sounds like he lied to you about them calling the 2nd drivers & telling him what happened. I hate getting into these conversations because some times you're only getting one side of the argument. Not saying you're not telling the whole story, but sometimes little facts are left out. Yea, I would go as high as an authority as I could go & make sure I got some satisfaction. Good Luck!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:43 AM
Default Villag Transportation

Just used Uber for the 1st time from airport to Villages as we have had great success with Uber in CA. What a treat--faster, cheaper, better, private car, friendly driver, door to door service. No more waiting an hour and a half for a big shuttle bus to fill up. Seems our flights never coordinate with shuttle service. In checking prices for return trip, it could be more expensive than the shuttle--still worth it. We schedule Uber ahead of time at home and have never been left with a "no car available" message.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, taxi, arrived, shuttle, lsl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.