The Village Transportation. Very Disappointed

Closed Thread
Old 12-19-2017, 12:28 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Knew people who were staying at the Waterfront. They went to City Fire for a while, and when they found out it closed st 11 they tried Uber to get them to Margarita Republic.. They said the driver informed them that The Villages would not let him take the fare. Could just be the driver's call or there is some control over Uber here.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Third party rumor or a driver who doesn't want to go out. Such a policy on public streets may even be a violation of federal restraint of trade issues.

My bet - there is much more to this story--
Old 12-19-2017, 01:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Third party rumor or a driver who doesn't want to go out. Such a policy on public streets may even be a violation of federal restraint of trade issues.

Uber drivers are not required to accept pickups, unlike taxi drivers in some place who are required to accept pickups.

However if an Uber driver refuses pickups very often they will be dropped by Uber.
Old 12-19-2017, 02:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post

Hopefully the driver, not a rumor. Probably didn't want the bother late of going from bar to bar.

Old 12-19-2017, 09:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Taken Uber many times outside The Villages. The driver knows your destination and how much the charge is. The app tells you who the driver is, what kind of car, and how much the charge. Also updates you on the time the driver will be at your pick up destination.

Use it weekly, app tells you car, driver, but driver does not know where to until pickup. We know several drivers reason they don’t know destination is most would only pick the easy and quick. She once picked up at O’Hara soon as customer enter her app told her destination was Southfield Mi. Good money going to but no money going back.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Use it weekly, app tells you car, driver, but driver does not know where to until pickup. We know several drivers reason they don’t know destination is most would only pick the easy and quick. She once picked up at O’Hara soon as customer enter her app told her destination was Southfield Mi. Good money going to but no money going back.
Did not know that the driver does not know the destination. Thanks for that info. Checked out why and the main reason given is that they would only want the longer and most profitable rides. Short trips are poorly compensated on the Uber payout structure.

Old 12-31-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
A second recommendation on this service. The caveat is they do pick you up at your home, however you could be the first of multiple pickups, or last of multiple drop offs. Consequently, you might get picked up very early for a flight, and "enjoy" riding through the various villages before heading to the airport. This might or might not be feasible for those with children traveling with them.

The driver usually calls the night before to "firm up" what time they will be picking you up (the initial time is an estimate which is usually not too far off).

I can deal with the early pick ups or last drop offs, what does irritate me is when the van shows up at a house and no lights are on and the person/people are not ready to be picked up. Keep in mind that even the driver's estimate is just that. He could be early (if the people in front of you are actually ready when he gets there) or a little late if the prior pickups were not ready.

One driver even asked people if they needed a pit stop, and he pulled into one of the service areas on the turnpike for a couple.

Friendly people and I have never had an issue. For sake of full disclosure, usually the Villages service is also good and I have never had a negative customer service experience with them.
I just used them for my daughter12/30/ 2017.
I was concerned pick up time they gave was not early enough. 3:45 for a 6:43 flight. I called and could not pick up any earlier.
Driver was 10 min, late then had one more pick up 12 min away. I was extremely concerned she would miss the flight.
Jet blue was recommending getting there 3 hours before due to airport terminal renovations.driver went to terminal B first.
Jet blue is terminal A.
Bottom line she got to the gate 10 minutes before boarding. Now that's close and nerve racking.
I prefer village transportation---- which goes to Sumpter landing First then Brownwood then directly to the Airport.
****** I could not use them , the flight was to early to fit their scheduale.. I would prefer them

Stick with Villages Transportation. Lake Sumpter to Brownwood then directly to the Airport.
The villages Airport Van does not give enough time to get there for the flights, times are to tight.

Last edited by Moderator; 12-31-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
driver, taxi, arrived, shuttle, lsl

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.