Villages Audio Video

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2015, 06:13 PM
Default Villages Audio Video

I contacted Tom, the owner of Villages Audio Video after reading that he offered Comcast basic cable and internet for $59 a month. I don't think he's been doing this very long but he sold me on this as oppose to an antenna and made some attractive offers that would go along with the package and promise to take care of our installation fee which of both have not happened. I have tried to contact him after I received a $179 bill from Comcast but cannot get Tom to return my calls or attempts to reach him. He seems like a nice enough man but needs to stand behind his promises and customers.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:51 AM

Apparently Tom has been enendated with new customers because good ole Comcast scrabbled our basic channels. He has notified me and is working his hardest on resolving the issues. Because of his overload he did not keep me in the loop. Like I said he is working on correcting the issues and I should remember he is at the mercy of Comcast
also.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:24 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,103 Times in 1,336 Posts

Just a few extras????
Old 07-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

Take a look at your paperwork, I would bet you are a Comcast customer, and going to pay Comcast rates. Was the $59 (from Tom) a teaser rate or just his charge to setup the account and install equipment? If there was misrepresentation involved, contact seniors against crime and file a complaint. Good luck dealing with Comcast.....
Old 07-12-2015, 08:40 AM

I'm sure there is a miss understanding, or billing error in this transaction. I have worked with Tom a couple times and have had excellent outcomes with both. This includes a Comcast transaction for Internet only at 19.99 a month. Yes a teaser rate, but meets my needs for now. Let's not give up on a return call, this is a prime vacation time of the year, maybe he is off line For a few days.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Take a look at your paperwork, I would bet you are a Comcast customer, and going to pay Comcast rates. Was the $59 (from Tom) a teaser rate or just his charge to setup the account and install equipment? If there was misrepresentation involved, contact seniors against crime and file a complaint. Good luck dealing with Comcast.....
We have had Tom in our home more than once. He is a great guy who does exceptional work. If there is a problem it will be fixed. It's comcast that I would be blaming not Tom
Old 07-12-2015, 09:35 AM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Comcast ... billing ... now we see the problem. I have to go through a game with them a few times a year with my billing. Just tiring to try and get it right with them and it depends on who you speak with.
Tom is a great guy and very professional. Have had many clients use him and never once a complaint.
Hang in there, it will get straightened out.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:48 AM
Veteran member

sometimes people are too quick to jump to the worse conclusion. Anyone that has dealt with Tom would know without a doubt that he is honest, dependable and the most helpful contractor working in TV today.
Old 07-12-2015, 10:49 AM

Tom has installed 3 tv's for us at 3 different times and always did a great job at reasonable prices. I would call him again in a heartbeat.
Old 07-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
sometimes people are too quick to jump to the worse conclusion. Anyone that has dealt with Tom would know without a doubt that he is honest, dependable and the most helpful contractor working in TV today.

I agree. I feel so bad when something like this is said about a decent hard working person.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixsonci View Post
Oh, how right you are. And I might add bad mouth the wrong person. There were several cases in Missouri before I left where individuals were sued because of libel slander and had to pay because of things like this.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,107 Times in 2,235 Posts

Tom, sorry for potentially jumping the gun. My comment about contacting seniors against crime was based solely on the original post, and the information in that post. I am glad you are going to make this right. I have seen that you and your company have good or very good reviews, but I have seen this in the past with some landscape companies that then turned out to be a nightmare for other customers.

Good luck with Comcast billing....... Hope this all turns out alright.

As a side note, I did not realize Comcast would conduct business with anyone other then the end user.
Old 07-12-2015, 02:49 PM

Bam!!! Still the best. Maybe folks should call and offer a compliment as quick as a Complant. It must be the heat that has brought on all the negativity around here lately.... Sure seems to be plenty of it being tossed around on this site the last couple weeks.
Maybe we need to start playing some Bob Marely music in the square speakers during the day, One Love, one heart.......

Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks!!

PS. Tom I will be calling you soon for some additional work as we continue to refresh or home.

Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Audio Video View Post
This is a current Comcast customer that called me about an attic antenna that wouldn't fit her needs. I searched around for a solution and found an extremely nice package of high definition TV, HBO, 30 Mbps Internet and 3 high definition boxes for under $60 per month.

As soon as I tried to submit the order, there was an error message in the system. After 3 or 4 phone calls and half a dozen emails my Comcast contact responded that is was done and an installation date was issued. Is was not supposed to be installed, the boxes should have been sent in the mail. Couldn't stop it in time, installer showed up and installed the system. I told the customer that she will not be paying the installation charges. The bill comes and it's all messed up. It will be taken care of and this customer will NOT be paying installation charges. If I have to go out of pocket personally, it will get fixed. More phone calls and emails on my end

Senior vs Crime? Really? How is that conversation going to go? Tom from Villages Audio Video was trying to help a customer. Make sure you let them know how much I get paid to setup an existing customers with the this $60 per month package (exactly ZERO). I don't get paid on this deal at all. My goal here was to help a customer.

Rest assured in the end I will get the billing sorted out for this customer. I have everything to lose and nothing to gain. I was just trying to help
Old 07-12-2015, 03:01 PM

Tom is the most honest individual offering AV services. I had a Comcast problem with wiring according to them. Emailed Tom on a Sunday to set up an appointment. He called me back in 10 minutes. Said as soon as he finished cutting his lawn he would be over. A half hour later he crawled into my attic which was about 120 degrees to redue whatever Comcast demanded..........cost 0. Yea report him to Seniors Crime.....I will be the first to bail him out. Every one has an opinion until you know the facts. Tom is a stand up guy.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

Tom helped me greatly and I am a skeptical person by nature. He is a man of his word. Give him a chance. I would highly recommend him. He will help you navigate the murky Comcast waters...
Closed Thread

Tags
comcast, villages, tom, video, audio, received, bill, $179, contact, fee, installation, happened, attempts, man, stand, customers, promises, nice, calls, return, care, reach, attractive, month, $59

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.