Villages Relocation Services?

Closed Thread
Old 07-28-2021, 09:38 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

My father used this year's ago and was very happy. He was happy to let them deal with the hassles.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp11364 View Post
Hi everyone,

Pre-planning my move to TV. Has anyone recently used this service? This is a "package deal" with realtors on both ends and movers as well. I'm very interested in hearing about the moving companies selected and how the move went. I really want to use a particular realtor up here in NYC and I'm waiting to hear if they are one of their "selected" realtors.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
We used them when we moved from NJ back in mid 2019. I'm sure we paid a bit more but the convenience was well worth it. TV Relo gave us 3 movers to interview and choose from. We ultimately went with Atlas and our main contact was here in FL. They set everything up as well as coordinated with a 3rd party to transport a car down here. Couldn't have gone smoother. We tried to sell most of our stuff since it just didn't fit down here. What was left took up less than a quarter of the moving truck ... mostly my tools . The movers showed up as scheduled and delivered on the date we negotiated so we could be here when they arrived. We did have some breakage during the move and all I did was take a couple of pics, provided them the estimated value based on web search (no receipts required), and Atlas immediately deducted the net value from our final bill. No debates or push backs.

I would recommend them again. You can always find cheaper but the convenience was definitely worth it. Enjoy and good luck on your move!!
Old 07-28-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by propjob View Post
We used them when we moved from NJ back in mid 2019. I'm sure we paid a bit more but the convenience was well worth it. TV Relo gave us 3 movers to interview and choose from. We ultimately went with Atlas and our main contact was here in FL. They set everything up as well as coordinated with a 3rd party to transport a car down here. Couldn't have gone smoother. We tried to sell most of our stuff since it just didn't fit down here. What was left took up less than a quarter of the moving truck ... mostly my tools . The movers showed up as scheduled and delivered on the date we negotiated so we could be here when they arrived. We did have some breakage during the move and all I did was take a couple of pics, provided them the estimated value based on web search (no receipts required), and Atlas immediately deducted the net value from our final bill. No debates or push backs.

I would recommend them again. You can always find cheaper but the convenience was definitely worth it. Enjoy and good luck on your move!!
One last point. TV Relo also provided us with the contacts on 3 agents in our immediate NJ area. Supposedly, they were all highly rated and TV Relo had positive feedback for all 3. We interviewed the 3 and finally went with what we thought was the best. Couldn't have been more pleased. The agent we chose pushed back on anything less than asking price and/or which a lot of contingencies. Ended up selling at the asking price, cash offer with no contingencies.
Old 07-28-2021, 10:57 AM
Location: Citrus Grove from Village of Santo Domingo & Sterling Hts Michigan
Default Sop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1031 View Post
As an FYI - Their “selected” Realtor up north must agree to give Properties of The Villages 25% of the Listing side commission to be eligible to be on the list. He/She is not supposed to mention this to you. Use your own Realtor !
Back in the day I was a realtor (RELO agent that received corporate relocations) and it’s standard operating procedure if your given a referral there is a portion of the commission you share with the referring agent/agency. Your getting 75% of a commission that you would not of had otherwise.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I was thinking along the same lines - what I'm most interested in is to hear from folks that have moved recently from NY/NJ/PA/CT - looking for a full-service mover that did a very good job in terms of packing/unpacking, timely delivery, etc.
We just moved from PA. We did not bring any furniture because it cost to much. We did bring some things.....we used a uhaul to move. We bought a house partially furnished.
Old 07-28-2021, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Pre-planning my move to TV. Has anyone recently used this service? This is a "package deal" with realtors on both ends and movers as well. I'm very interested in hearing about the moving companies selected and how the move went. I really want to use a particular realtor up here in NYC and I'm waiting to hear if they are one of their "selected" realtors.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin
We used them. You have no obligation to use the realtors or moving companies they provide you. In our case, we really liked one of the realtors they provided us and ended up using him. We actually ended up using a moving company our realtor suggested over the ones The Villages provided for us. It was a local mover who was much cheaper and we were very happy with them. It does not hurt to use the relocation service to just get some options to use.
Old 07-28-2021, 02:54 PM
Default I had a great experience with The Village Relocation Service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I would avoid. They are using RE agents on your end which are paying 10% of their commission for the lead. The best agents do not have to pay for leads.

Likewise, they are getting a cut of the moving company.

Why not simply shop for the best service at the best price?
I had a great experience with The Village Relocation Service. I was offered 3 real estate companies and ALL of them sent their commercial relocation agents to offer a listing and marketing proposal. After spending several months with minimal action, even after lowering the price and getting a new MLS number the new realtor in Atlanta recommended a price increase and got a viable cash offer within 10 days. We closed with NO issues.

The recommended moving company was a national one, Mayflower. Their price was significantly lower than other quotes because they were a local, Ocala, FL company and our move was a backhaul.

The fact that perhaps the ReLocation service gets a rebate is fine with me as long as I get a better price and better service. The service and price were my main concerns. The quality of the move was excellent. A repair to the minimal damage was done expertly. The only serious damage was covered by insurance and the settlement was quick and fair. In my opinion you can't expect better than that.

I have been several times due to corporate transfers. This was as good as it gets from the sale of our Atlanta home to the move itself.
Closed Thread

Tags
realtors, move, selected, companies, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.