The VIR group

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 09:35 PM
Default The VIR group

The VIR Group property management is located in Fruitland Park. They specialize with short term vacation rentals. The client is a Village resident and is promised a high return as they procure clients promising high end services. When one looks at the BBB website you can see and A rating and now B+ but not an endorsed company. You can see reviews that this company is wonderful especially to the renter not the landlord.

I thought it was a great idea to have a company manage short term rentals getting high income and net profit during the less popular season in the Villages. Alistair Powell and his dad Mike Powell promised the world and advertised on hotels.com and other sites and then I read about disgruntled landlords on Nextdoor and spoke to them about it. They assured me that they were clients that did not keep up with the property and they dropped many of them and some were prior employees that he was suing for stealing money.

Bottom line . They rented my property for 8 days and I asked them how much is it rented for, when did they collect the fees, when will I get paid. I emailed and called 10x with diversion and no answer. Finally I was told that they would generate a statement which they did and it only had money I owed them for items that I was not informed that they were buying or services as well. After another few calls I asked what did they collect and between the low price of about 50 dollars a night that they charged to the client and the services and merchandise they charged I owed them 17 dollars. This did not include the increase electric and water charges. I asked for an explanation and received a threatening, abusive,derogatory response that was blaming defaming and unprofessional. I asked to terminate my contract and this was met with escalating verbal attacks. There is much more to this story. However I am one of about 40 people in the Villages that was scammed. Please spread the word and don't just google the VIR group. Google Alistair Powell and see that he was scamming in England and when he was known and could not do more business there published in the rip off report and other businesses he defrauded innocent people he came here. He had his real estate license either revoked or bargained to give it up and instead he was allowed to get this short term stay hotel license. For 2 years he has been victimizing members of the community. Sure renters love them. They make the money and the landlord loses but the renter loves them. I have been harassed directly by their attorney, by both owners and the handymen that work to manage the property and threatened that when my 25 year old daughter stays in the home that she should be aware if strange men are around they might be VIR employees and that they will be checking the property 2x a week to make sure my family is staying in the property and I am not personally renting the property.

Folks stay away and note that the Attorney General of Florida is alerted and investigating this group and our Senator is aware and involved.
Old 06-21-2017, 06:22 AM

Bump
Old 06-21-2017, 06:50 AM

They have not paid my friends either for the rent collected last season. Terrible Plus I've been told they are the one posting all the bad information about White Pelican. Stay away. Our Friends have also gone to the Attorney General about them
Old 06-21-2017, 07:18 AM
Default please tell your friends to also write to consumer affairs

I spoke to the manager of consumer affairs of Florida. Please have all friends post their experiences. Unfortunately the bullying tactics that the VIR group uses to silence their victims works. I see many complaints go unanswered. They said I am in formal litigation with them and tried to squelch my complaint and that is just a bold face lie. They are bullies.
The more people come forth the better for our wonderful community
Old 06-21-2017, 01:54 PM

Bump
Old 06-21-2017, 08:44 PM

Agree They need to face the music
Old 06-21-2017, 09:28 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

I saw a YouTube piece on this guy. His attitude was combative. This wasn't like he was ambushed on 60 minutes, he couldn't hold it together for a simple local news segment that has it's own life on YouTube, look it up.

Yet another reason to manage your own property!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,346 Times in 734 Posts

Here is the video that I referenced: Action 9: Homeowners claim property manager owes them thousands in rent money | WFTV if the link does not work google "Action 9: Homeowners claim property manager owes them thousands in rent money"
Closed Thread

Tags
property, asked, group, vir, money

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.