Washing House Siding

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2020, 06:17 AM

Egners exterior cleaning. Great company
Old 08-06-2020, 06:17 AM

Go to Habor Freight and buy the power washer fo less than $100 - it is easy to use and does a fine job.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
When I built my home a close friend who had worked for the company that makes most of the vinyl siding used in building advised me not to hire commercial power washer companies for a variety of reasons I won't list as most people have made up their minds if the reasons are, or are not, valid. But for those who are open to washing down their own homes, I have used Mold Armour E-Z wash for years now. Can't think of anything quicker or easier ! Thank Ace for recommending this brand but others may be just a effective. Attach hose, even the largest home could not take more than half an hour to walk around, reaches the highest point of larger homes easily. Of course, if you wait years between washings, it is going to take longer and could even mean doing it twice on a very neglected home. Otherwise, I use twice a year and it is so quick and easy ..... even a 5th grader could do it....LOL ! Of course do NOT use on a windy day, that should be obvious, if it blows back onto your clothing it would probably make "spots" would be my guess. I've always used it on a calm day ! BTW, once you buy the bottle that connects to hose, you can then buy by the gallon and save quite a lot ! Walmart has it very reasonable by the gallon, around $10 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladygolfer93 View Post
Also, I have never had it do any damage my flowers, grass, or shrubs ... just an FYI !
Thank you for the info; I do all my work around our home. My landscaping is my own hard work showcase and I don’t want to damage it.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:40 AM

Keep It Clean, 352-330-7198, been using for years, outstanding in their field!
Old 08-06-2020, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richl View Post
Go to Habor Freight and buy the power washer fo less than $100 - it is easy to use and does a fine job.
And you can hoard it with the rest of your gizmos in the garage.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laportjm View Post
Have you had your vinyl sided house power washed recently, if so can you share their contact information and were you happy with the results. I had Roberts Home Services in mind (Thordis Williams). Has anyone used this service before and I'm open for other options as well. Thank you.
. We have “No Pressure Inc.” no high pressure to cause damage , spray on a citrus smelling cleaning liquid and rinse with garden hose. Amazing results cleans and does not spot windows . We have twice yearly cleaning of vinyl siding ,they also do drives and patio cleaning.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richl View Post
No need for power washer, applicator armor wash attachment to hose is powerful enough to clean the house. It will clean your windows at the same time. Just squeegee windows after rinse.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laportjm View Post
Have you had your vinyl sided house power washed recently, if so can you share their contact information and were you happy with the results. I had Roberts Home Services in mind (Thordis Williams). Has anyone used this service before and I'm open for other options as well. Thank you.
I also use Roberts Home services, now for several years. Thordis is a nice guy and they have done a good job. I have had hime clean my driveway as well.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:57 AM

We have been very pleased with Finney’s Pressure Washing. Using them for 3 years. (352) 753-3629
Old 08-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Gold member

We have always used Nature's Way House washing, Jason only uses Simple Green and it works great. He also does a great job in the Birdcage and all the screens. We schedule him for twice a year. 352 989-7398.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-06-2020, 09:40 AM

We have used Luke Strand “Premier House Washing” a few times. Extremely happy with him!
Old 08-06-2020, 09:43 AM

Premier’s phone number is 352-653-7691
Old 08-06-2020, 10:01 AM

Egner's has a product that will preserve your vinyl siding. First they gently clean it, then put the "coating" on. They guarantee their product/service as long as you have it washed by them every six months. Since I've had this done on my 2003 vinyl house, the vinyl has stopped "chalking" and it looks great! The service is not expensive. Far cheaper than having to replace faded, dried out, cracked vinyl.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
We use Egner's every six months on vinyl, once a year on stucco.
I used Egners on our stucco home when we purchased/moved in this past April.

Like Villagetinker, I now do my own power washing.

Egners knocked of two cables from the top of our birdcage - ripped a screen - didn’t rinse the “soap” from several windows - and surfaced/extracted several stains/streaks in the paint on the front of the house and garage doors.

I chose not to have them return to correct - and I was already aware that power washing might surface existing stains in the paint.

The take away is the Egners employee didn’t address the issues while they were occurring and didn’t inform me of them before he departed.

When u do it yourself u can avoid doing damage. You’re the homeowner - ur going to take pride in what u do. A lot of the time - not always - u get service folks who are there to do only the minimum. I’m not interested in paying above fair price for a subpar outcome.
Old 08-06-2020, 11:25 AM

We have used No-Pressure, Inc for our vinyl siding. They apply a biodegradable chemical that smells lively and has never harmed any plants or trees on the property. They spray it on, hose it off with a low pressure garden hose and the house looks great. Around $70 if I remember correctly. Neighbor behind me also uses them and swears by them.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, washing, services, mind, thordis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.