water purifiers

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2013, 08:40 AM
Default water purifiers

We have just purchased in "The Villages" and in our shopping have seen a few homes that have purchased and installed a water purifying system. 1. Can anyone recommend a good purifying system, and second, someone who has knowledge installing it? thank you!
Old 07-14-2013, 08:04 AM

Go to Home Depot and u can buy a water boss for around 500 dollars an maybe they will have somebody install. I have had a water boss for 5 years and love it, also you can go on line and read about it
drd
Old 07-14-2013, 08:21 AM

We had Kiley from Lady Lake install a simple, inexpensive, and very effective system with very little maintenance (change filter every 4-5 months).
Old 07-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernman57 View Post
Pegasus Water Systems dependable and professional!
Read all three of your other posts, all posted today. Guess you own the business locally that sells that system.
Old 07-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Sage

took the words out of my mouth!

Quote:
Pegasus Water Systems dependable and professional!
Quote:
Kenetico has a good product as far as not using electricity, however, the hardness in this water can wreak havoc on the small water propulsion gears in their units. I have a Pegasus Water Unit and am thoroughly satisfied. It has what they call KDF in the vessel, which inhibits bacteria growth!
Quote:
I have a Pegasus Water System that uses Potassium instead of salt, and doesn't breed bacteria like most others!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Default Water Purifying Systems

If you want to spend money on a water purifier, that is up to you. You do know that The Villages has a perfectly good municipal water system - just like all municipalities. An annual water test quality report is sent to all of us attesting to that fact. Now, I will say that the water in The Villages is hard and a water softener would be a nice thing to have. We have one and it was installed by a plumber but we bought it at Lowe's. Very reasonable, and we're happy with it. I prefer the coldness and the taste of water from the frig, my husband doesn't care and drinks water from the tap and we're both fine with it.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.