Water Quality

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Default Water Quality

We just moved to Buttonwood; already we have calls from Ecowater System and LCRG Enterprise to speak to us about water quality.

Feedback would be appreciated--has anyone used these. Are water softeners needed in TV?
Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 06:29 PM
KittyKat
Smile

We moved to the Village of Amelia 4 years ago and were besieged by salespeople. It's a long story but we ended up with a water softener from a new company that went out of business a few months later. People here will tell you that you don't need a water softener but we do notice a difference when I have forgotten to turn it back on after shutting it off to water the flowers(all the same water line, don't want salt water on the flowers): water tastes bad, hair doesn't shampoo well and my skin feels different. The only thing I hate about soft water is that when I wash my hands with soap it feels like you never get all the soap rinsed off even though it is. ECOWATER SYSTEMS has an ad in the Paper Net, one of those coupon/advertising magazines that come in the mail. I like it because the ad says they have been serving The Villages since 1980, not a "new" company like the one we bought from, has a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval on a water softener & a drinking water system(probably the most expensive models) and they donate a % of every purchase to the WWll Veterans Honor Flight to Washington, D.C. I have not heard of the other company. I would definitely check both out with the Seniors vs Crime unit at the Sumter County Sheriff's Office at the corner of 466 & Morse. Good luck & welcome to The Villages!
Old 06-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Winkler View Post
We just moved to Buttonwood; already we have calls from Ecowater System and LCRG Enterprise to speak to us about water quality.

Feedback would be appreciated--has anyone used these. Are water softeners needed in TV?
Thanks!
I didn't care for the taste of the water so I had a whole house water filter installed for a little less than $100 total. That's for the filter unit and installation. I get replacement charcoal filter elements in Home Depot, 2 for about 12 bucks. The filter lasts for several months. The water tastes fine and I kept a lot of money in my wallet.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I didn't care for the taste of the water so I had a whole house water filter installed for a little less than $100 total. That's for the filter unit and installation. I get replacement charcoal filter elements in Home Depot, 2 for about 12 bucks. The filter lasts for several months. The water tastes fine and I kept a lot of money in my wallet.
Where did you install that kind of filter? Our water shutoff is on an outer wall of the garage.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy View Post
Where did you install that kind of filter? Our water shutoff is on an outer wall of the garage.
That's where the filter goes too. Same place as a water softener.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:09 AM

Quote:
That's where the filter goes too. Same place as a water softener.
Who did the installation for you? I assume you were happy with their work.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 AM

Where did you get your unit? I too hate the taste of the water. My bottled water would have paid for your $100 unit......
Old 06-29-2011, 11:42 AM

we also purchased a ecowater purifier, it wasn't so much the taste, as to what the water is doing to the pipes below the floor in the slab. down the road, we certainly don't want to dig up the flooring and slab to replace pipes. florida is number one with the worse water conditions.
everyone has an opinion, educate yourself and find the right system for your needs.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:53 PM
Sage
Question

OK... so that being said... I think I read somewhere that you could get a water softener/purifier combination. If you have both, the the purifier cancel out the salt of the softener? If you get a purifier, does it cut the hardness? Where do you go to get these answers? I've googled and find it daunting!
Old 06-29-2011, 08:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Another 65er View Post
Who did the installation for you? I assume you were happy with their work.
Another 64er I sent you a P.M.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspal View Post
Where did you get your unit? I too hate the taste of the water. My bottled water would have paid for your $100 unit......
Jaspal, I sent you a P.M.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:01 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&Lsunfun View Post
we also purchased a ecowater purifier, it wasn't so much the taste, as to what the water is doing to the pipes below the floor in the slab. down the road, we certainly don't want to dig up the flooring and slab to replace pipes. florida is number one with the worse water conditions.
everyone has an opinion, educate yourself and find the right system for your needs.
Excellent advice D&L. That's exactly what I did.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:17 PM

Who did you use to install this and where did you purchase it from.

Thanks!
Old 07-02-2011, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Can you tell me who did the installation and the type of unit, Thanks Phil Winkler
Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Winkler View Post
Can you tell me who did the installation and the type of unit, Thanks Phil Winkler
Phil I sent you a P.M.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.